Price Drops - how likely are they?

bwindi

I ask my question as I am considering a cruise in April 2017 - Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver and was wondering how likely price drops are.

I have had two experiences of price drops that have worked out well for me. So I guess my question is how likely or often does a price drop happen [the cruise if booked would be my fourth so I am not exactly a savvy cruiser yet – just working on it].

I am considering booking the balcony cabin I would prefer and take any price drop that comes. The prices for this cruise are not yet available [in the UK at least] but a Princess Cruise Consultant has advised that a mid-ship inside cabin is £2118pp – I appreciate it’s a three week cruise but it’s still a bit eye watering.

Average cruise price changes 70 times. You could start watching pricing on discount online cruise travel agencies for like cruises in 15/16. Pricing and discounting does run pretty much in same patterns year to year.But if you want OBC and other perks usually have to use a large discount agency.

I ask my question as I am considering a cruise in April 2017 - Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver and was wondering how likely price drops are.

I have had two experiences of price drops that have worked out well for me. So I guess my question is how likely or often does a price drop happen [the cruise if booked would be my fourth so I am not exactly a savvy cruiser yet – just working on it].

I am considering booking the balcony cabin I would prefer and take any price drop that comes. The prices for this cruise are not yet available [in the UK at least] but a Princess Cruise Consultant has advised that a mid-ship inside cabin is £2118pp – I appreciate it’s a three week cruise but it’s still a bit eye watering.

Any ships that has unsold cabins after final balances have been paid will have them at a cheaper price. However they may come with different T and c ,you might want to check.

Also while you are waiting your grade may just get sold out, at full fare.

hi,youre better off posting this question on the princess board,they are the experts.is it the 21 day on the island,if so the price is coming up in euros here in italy.this is a very popular itinery and the 19 day on the coral is selling pretty quick.the island and coral are sister ships but the island had a very unpopular rebuild last year,ruining the aft viewing areas so the coral is everyones favourite at moment,there are rumours that the coral is going the same way.as i said the princess board is a mine of info,cheers,brian.

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated. I have also posted this on the Princess forum and received similar feedback. It is the 21 day cruise on Island Princess. I did actually hold off on booking this following the vibration issues but this does seem to be limited to the new cabins. Hopefully they will not do the same to the Coral.

hi ,also if you could hold until your cruise in march,you can buy 2 future cruise deposits onboard for £75 each and apply them to any future cruise and with 21 days you will get $150 each onboard credit,cheers,brian.