Adults Only Beach in Cozumel?

nolawhit504

Hi all!

Which adults only beach would you choose? We are doing a Thanksgiving cruise - loved Playa Mia beach when we had my nieces and nephew, but looking for one this time mostly more adults/adults only. Any input? I hear about Paradise beach but also hear that you have to pay for a lot there and alcohol isnt all inclusive? Thanks!

Nachi Cocom, $55pp, only about 100 people allowed each day, all inclusive, and while kids are allowed, they've never bothered us.

It is not a party beach though, it's a relax in the ocean/pool/hot tub and eat some food, drink some drinks place.

Secrets Aura is $115, includes alcohol, and is adults only. We usually go to Sabor right next door for $58. It's further away from the dock, so has far fewer people than Nachi...usually less than 10 on the big beach area. It allows kids but I haven't seen more than 3 at a time, and they were with their families and acted fine.

We spent a week at Secrets Aura last year for our anniversary. They have really nice pools and a swim up bar with fun slides right there that go into the pool.

There was a couple who came from a ship one day and spent the day with us. It appeared that they had a blast and then took a cab back at the end of the day. I think that we'll pay another visit to Secrets for the day the next time we're in Cozumel.

Paradise beach is not adults only and is not all inclusive. I have been there twice with my family, including my DD who is 4. There were plenty of families and its actually highly recommended for families, especially with younger kids. You pay something like $2pp for chairs and then for your food and drinks. Its great for us because DD does not drink anything other than water, and I don't drink that much while I am supervising my preschool age kid. Even if DH gets a bucket, its still cheaper than an AI. But If I were going without a kid, I would be doing AI. Based upon that, I would say Paradise Beach is not want you want. But they do have a nice beach and pool.

I did Nachi Cocom on my last trip to Cozumel. It's not adult only, but the few kids were there were no problem at all. It includes meal and open bar, and awesome servers who took great care of us. The Ceviche was delish! Like the previous poster said, it's not a party beach. We loved it and I would absolutely plan the same excursion on my next visit to Cozumel!

• 4 weeks later...
Secrets Aura is $115, includes alcohol, and is adults only. We usually go to Sabor right next door for $58. It's further away from the dock, so has far fewer people than Nachi...usually less than 10 on the big beach area. It allows kids but I haven't seen more than 3 at a time, and they were with their families and acted fine.

Hello, we really like the idea of visiting one of these resorts while in Cozumel.. If we were to, how did you do it? Do you just take a taxi from the pier to the resorts then pay the fee to use their facilities for the day? Any issues with getting a taxi on the way back?

Thank you for the info.

Hello, we really like the idea of visiting one of these resorts while in Cozumel.. If we were to, how did you do it? Do you just take a taxi from the pier to the resorts then pay the fee to use their facilities for the day? Any issues with getting a taxi on the way back?

Thank you for the info.

Check out the Island Marketing, Cozumel Water Sports or Resort for a day websites for options of hotel resorts that offer day passes.

When you have narrowed down your choices I usually contact hotel direct to check their price - sometimes more, sometimes less. With a broker you usually pay a deposit to reserve , then pay balance direct to facility on the day. Often if you book direct with hotel you just show up and buy pass in the lobby on the day. There is usually a limit as to how many day passes a hotel will sell.

Taxis are plentiful in Cozumel. Lots of taxis at the pier. There is usually one or two waiting at or near the hotel and if there isn't a taxi waiting you can get front desk to call for one.

Paradise Beach seemed appealing to me, but I'd read some unflattering reviews on Trip Advisor that made it sound like the prices (which I guess are pay-as-you-go?) are prone to fluctuation/uncertainty, and that people were being told they needed to 'spend more'.

Edited by perditax

Paradise Beach seemed appealing to me, but I'd read some unflattering reviews on Trip Advisor that made it sound like the prices (which I guess are pay-as-you-go?) are prone to fluctuation/uncertainty, and that people were being told they needed to 'spend more'.

Never had any uncertainty about prices, :confused: although the print on the menu gets a little blurry after my 5th margarita. :o

It is pay-as-you-go at PB and you are asked to spend $10 per person on food/drinks. $3 admission, great facilities, HUGE pool, good food/drink/service, nice beach, lots of chairs -- great option for a few hours of beach time.

Never had any uncertainty about prices, :confused: although the print on the menu gets a little blurry after my 5th margarita. :o

It is pay-as-you-go at PB and you are asked to spend $10 per person on food/drinks. $3 admission, great facilities, HUGE pool, good food/drink/service, nice beach, lots of chairs -- great option for a few hours of beach time.

Totally agree!! Paradise Beach has great facilities and service. The menus are printed with the costs, so you know exactly how much you are spending. They do ask that you spend at least $10 per person in food and drink (so that may be where the "people are being asked to spend more" comments come in). Really, $10 is not hard. What's a beach without a couple of drinks :)

Edited by Schoifmom