Liquor purchased before the cruise

peppy3143

Does anyone know if I pay for liquor on line before my cruise will it be in my cabin when i get onboard? I will be on the Coral Princess in a few weeks.

You will have a voucher in your cabin when you board. Just call Room Service and tell them you've got a voucher for whatever and they'll bring it to you.

It also depends on the port and how long it takes to get out of coastal waters. For example, Houston was our last cruise and it takes several hours to get out into international waters and they could not deliver the purchase when we first boarded. State law would only allow liquor that had paid the state tax and been purchased in state to be served.

How about Ft Lauderdale? Would it be the same as Houston? I have cruised many times before but never Princess. Sounds like they do things differently.

Ft. Lauderdale you can your liquor as soon as you board just call room service. I would assume all of Florida is the same.

We bought two sets of "five beers for the price of four." Would we be able to have them delivered separately a few days apart? Or must we have all the pre purchases delivered together?

When you get to your cabin you will find a voucher for each item you bought.

You do not have to have all the vouchers items delivered at once. Just pick the voucher for the item you want and call room service. Tell them you have a voucher for item and you are ready to have it delivered to your cabin. Sign the tear-off stub at the bottom of the voucher so you can give it to the crew member who makes the delivery. This is when you would give that person a tip if you so choose.

We will be on the Ruby going to Alaska in May. I am not familiar with pre-purchasing liquor. Is this for any type of alcohol? I.e a bottle of rum? Are prices outrageous? Does it matter that the cruise stays mainly in the U.S. ?

Selection and prices are shown in the "Spirits" section at http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/?zoom_highlight=soda

Can order on board for the same price.

Does not matter where the cruise goes.

Just wanted to see if I understand the liquor policy on Princess ships.

#1 I can bring one bottle of wine on board per adult. If I drink it in a public area, they will charge me a cork fee. If I open it in my cabin and drink on my balcony, no charge.

#2 If I purchase hard liquor (rum, vodka, etc) in a port, it will be taken from me at the dock and returned to me the last night. If I bring a hard alcohol on board and am caught, they will take it away as well.

#3 However, I can purchase hard liquor on board (or pre order before boarding) and then I am able to get it right away. And drink it throughout the cruise.

Did I get that right? If #3 is correct, then Princess has a much better policy than RCL. :p

#1 I can bring one bottle of wine on board per adult. If I drink it in a public area, they will charge me a cork fee. If I open it in my cabin and drink on my balcony, no charge.

#2 If I purchase hard liquor (rum, vodka, etc) in a port, it will be taken from me at the dock and returned to me the last night. If I bring a hard alcohol on board and am caught, they will take it away as well.

#3 However, I can purchase hard liquor on board (or pre order before boarding) and then I am able to get it right away. And drink it throughout the cruise.

Did I get that right? If #3 is correct, then Princess has a much better policy than RCL. :p

Correct.

However #3 is correct only for spirits purchased through room service. Alcohol purchased in the ship's botique (at a much lower price than room service) will be delivered to your cabin the last full day of the cruise.

It also depends on the port and how long it takes to get out of coastal waters. For example, Houston was our last cruise and it takes several hours to get out into international waters and they could not deliver the purchase when we first boarded. State law would only allow liquor that had paid the state tax and been purchased in state to be served.

On our Dec cruise out of Houston we plan on bringing 2 bottles of wine. Since we live in TX and bought the wine here, will we be able to take it to the MDR the first night for dinner.

Also - be aware that bottles of hard liquor purchased on board through room service are 375 ml size, so are actually only about half the size of a standard U.S. 26 oz bottle. So the pricing isn't as attractive as it might initially appear :rolleyes:.

...VTX-Al

Edited by VTX-AL

We will also be on that December cruise from Houston. :)

My question is regarding a B2B (we are on 12/6 and 12/13 - and my first B2B cruise). I plan on taking 4 bottles of wine on board when we first embark.

Questions?

Will they take 2 of those bottles and store them until the 2nd leg of the cruise?

Has anyone else gone B2B from Houston and, if so, had a problem with taking 4 bottles on board?

(I have seen on CC that I just need to show my B2B paperwork and I will have no problem, but I have also seen where some ports are different than others)

Thank you for your time in advance.

On our Dec cruise out of Houston we plan on bringing 2 bottles of wine. Since we live in TX and bought the wine here, will we be able to take it to the MDR the first night for dinner.

No problem, even if you had not purchased them in Texas,

Princess cannot sell what they did not purchase in Texas (while in TX waters), but they can open and pour the bottles you brought on board.