Port Canaveral to Port Everglades

PatchesJ72

Rent a car from one of the Port Can and drop it off at the Fort Lauderdale airport. Should cost between 50 and 100 depending on the size. Give yourself four hours to make the drive. So if you get off the ship at 8 pick up the car by 9 you should get on the next ship by 2. It is a straight shot down 95.

Your best bet would be to drive. This might be one time I think FTTF might be worth it, because it would get you off the ship faster, in theory. You would have to do self assist if not. I certainly wouldn't be comfortable with it. Way too close for comfort for me.

I live in the Brevard county area which encompasses port Canaveral - If you are disembarking in Port Canaveral and need to reach Ft Lauderdale for the embark - have you considered renting a car? It is a distance and probably not serviced by tram service or rental buses - only a taxi maybe - which would be prohibitively expensive. I would rent a car and drop it off in ft Lauderdale.

Your best bet would be to drive. This might be one time I think FTTF might be worth it, because it would get you off the ship faster, in theory. You would have to do self assist if not. I certainly wouldn't be comfortable with it. Way too close for comfort for me.

Why would you be uncomfortable? It's a two hour drive, two and a half at the most. :confused:

I believe it is a good 200 miles at least.

I live 15 min south of Port Canaveral, drove to the Port of Miami in two hours and 15 min. with no traffic (Sunday morning) I grew up in South Florida, pretty sure I know how long it takes. If if took four hours to drive to Ft Lauderdale from Orlando, you would have to drive 55 miles an hour. Do that on 95 and you'll get run over :rolleyes:

200 miles in 2.25 hours requires an average speed of 89 mph .... that's math and is inarguable.

while I'll admit traffic on 95 is going faster than the posted limit much of the time, this is a wee bit optimistic IMO. I live in Melbourne right at mm/exit 188. To make it in 2.25 hours requires an average speed of 84 mph ....

If you guess 200 miles in 3 hours this requires an average speed of 67 which is pretty realistic. We make the drive regularly as dd lives near the port and we estimate 3.5 hours .... and usually come pretty darn close. Occasionally faster and sometimes slower ... depends on traffic.

NOTE: AVERAGE SPEED .... a couple of minutes at 55 because of some delay brings an average down . . . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

WAIT OP asked about Canaveral to EVERGLADES

and somehow this discussion became Canaveral to Port of MIAMI!!!!!

EVERGLADES is 20 to 40 minutes less time depending on traffic!!!!!!

SORRRY for the confusion on MY part . . . .

but short answer is RENT A CAR .... easy drive and you should have PLENTY of time ....

200 miles in 2.25 hours requires an average speed of 89 mph .... that's math and is inarguable.

while I'll admit traffic on 95 is going faster than the posted limit much of the time, this is a wee bit optimistic IMO. I live in Melbourne right at mm/exit 188. To make it in 2.25 hours requires an average speed of 84 mph ....

If you guess 200 miles in 3 hours this requires an average speed of 67 which is pretty realistic. We make the drive regularly as dd lives near the port and we estimate 3.5 hours .... and usually come pretty darn close. Occasionally faster and sometimes slower ... depends on traffic.

NOTE: AVERAGE SPEED .... a couple of minutes at 55 because of some delay brings an average down . . . . .

Tell that to my husband LOL. We left our house at 8:15, got on 95 at Barnes, and were pulling into the Port at 10:30 :D

WAIT OP asked about Canaveral to EVERGLADES

and somehow this discussion became Canaveral to Port of MIAMI!!!!!

EVERGLADES is 20 to 40 minutes less time depending on traffic!!!!!!

SORRRY for the confusion on MY part . . . .

but short answer is RENT A CAR .... easy drive and you should have PLENTY of time ....

Exactly, plenty of time

I live 15 min south of Port Canaveral, drove to the Port of Miami in two hours and 15 min. with no traffic (Sunday morning) I grew up in South Florida, pretty sure I know how long it takes. If if took four hours to drive to Ft Lauderdale from Orlando, you would have to drive 55 miles an hour. Do that on 95 and you'll get run over :rolleyes:

It isn't quite that short of a drive but yes, you can drive it in less than three hours.

To the OP, get off first and rent a car. The clock will be ticking.