Norwegian Spirit 12 Night Grand Mediterranean 9/6/15 Review

Hollis

We just returned from the most wonderful, exciting and memorable cruise on the NCL Spirit. We love NCL but chose this cruise based strictly on the itinerary. We had read mixed reviews of the Spirit but we loved everything about the ship. We planned and anticipated a great trip but this cruise far exceeded our expectations. The ports were varied and I was able to cross many destinations off my "bucket list." Climbing the Acropolis to see the Parthenon, walking through Pompeii and seeing Michaelangelo's David were childhood dreams; actually experiencing them was spectacular.

The crew on the Spirit was wonderful. Everyone we encountered went out of their way to ensure that we had a great and memorable vacation. We met many of the ship's officers the first morning at our Meet and Greet. They remembered who we were and called us by our names the entire trip. Any server we had remembered us the next time even if we were in a different restaurant. I'm not able to adequately put into words how the crew made this vacation even more special to us.

I'll write more of this review later but I'm open to answer any questions about the ship or the ports.

Edited by Hollis
Left review out of title

Was such a great holiday , was lovely to meet you at the meet and greet Hollis and we also did the Ephesus shuttle tour together in Kusadasi, was a great cruise and one I would definitely do again in the future, Norwegian Spirit is a lovely old ship and the majority of crew were friendly

We were on the previous sailing and it was Omar. My understanding is that he's on through early November and the off on his vacation.

Thanks for the info. Don't think I've ever heard of Omar but I guess it doesn't matter if he is on vacation. Guess the secret continues.

Omar was the concierge and he was wonderful. He was so warm and helpful. I don't exactly remember when his vacation starts but I think he's going with the Spirit to Port Canaveral. I don't know why but all the crew seemed happier on the Spirit than on other cruises I've been on.

Omar was the concierge and he was wonderful. He was so warm and helpful. I don't exactly remember when his vacation starts but I think he's going with the Spirit to Port Canaveral. I don't know why but all the crew seemed happier on the Spirit than on other cruises I've been on.

I think a lot of the happiness comes down to the management on the ship. Armando the hotel director was always available around the ship or on the pier and always willing to help people and do whatever it took to rectify problems,he was always happy to greet passengers with a warm smile and have a chat with people

I think I saw someone post recently that the concierge was Karin Goedecke. She is a German lady, and was our concierge on the Spirit back in Janaury. She is very good.

The crew are happy because working for Armando makes them happy. They like him and respect him. He understands that looking after his staff means happy staff and that translates to good and happy service for the guests.

I think I saw someone post recently that the concierge was Karin Goedecke. She is a German lady, and was our concierge on the Spirit back in Janaury. She is very good.

The crew are happy because working for Armando makes them happy. They like him and respect him. He understands that looking after his staff means happy staff and that translates to good and happy service for the guests.

Thanks for the info. We had Karin on the Sun in the Baltics back in 2010. She is fabulous and I have been hoping to have her again after some lackluster concierges on the BA and Dawn. We don't really use a concierge for much but Karin is a delight with tons of energy. I can walk fast but I have to hustle to keep up with her.