What is the charge for Room Service?

mickev99

So I have read different threads and done a search, and still can't come up with a definitive answer. Is room service still free for most of the daytime? I last sailed NCL in 2013 and it was free except overnight hours (don't remember the exact times).

Some threads say NCL is testing charges on certain ships, but I want to know from people who have cruised lately. We are on the Dawn in December.

What has been the recent experience on the Dawn or ships like it?

Thanks!

So I have read different threads and done a search, and still can't come up with a definitive answer. Is room service still free for most of the daytime? I last sailed NCL in 2013 and it was free except overnight hours (don't remember the exact times).

Some threads say NCL is testing charges on certain ships, but I want to know from people who have cruised lately. We are on the Dawn in December.

Thanks!

Other than a very simple continental breakfast which is free between the for about 4 hours in the morning, room service incurs a charge of $7.95 per order. The fee is waived on items that have a cost associated to them such as alcoholic beverages and special orders (cheese plate etc.)

Rochelle

Thanks!

They tested it on a couple ships a couple months ago. One ship was charging $5.95 and the other ship was charging $7.95.

It was determined that the pax liked the $7.95 charge more so that is what they decided to charge fleetwide except as was mentioned continental breakfast until 10:30am I believe.

Bill

They tested it on a couple ships a couple months ago. One ship was charging $5.95 and the other ship was charging $7.95.

It was determined that the pax liked the $7.95 charge more so that is what they decided to charge fleetwide except as was mentioned continental breakfast until 10:30am I believe.

Bill

This made me LOL:D

Of course check with the cruise line. However, I have been on several cruise lines, the most recent in August and there was no charge except the standard gratuity that is automatically placed on your receipt. Happy travels!

Were you on NCL?? if so, were you in a suite? There is no room service charge for a suite. But on NCL for everyone else, except for the complimentary continental breakfast, there is a $7.95 charge for room service.

Edited by NMLady

Go to the buffet, serve yourself and bring it back to your cabin

That is not room service. If one has to walk to the buffet to get the food, one might as well eat it there. The purpose of room service is to be able to have the food brought to the room by a server. If I am reading on the balcony it would be nice to have a snack brought to me. That is room service.but I am not going to pay $7.95 for it.

Edited by NMLady

Does anyone know exactly what is included in the continental breakfast. My wife usually orders room service 3 or 4 mornings except those days I get her to go to the buffet with me. Just trying to figure out what items I may have to bring back to the room for her.

Does anyone know exactly what is included in the continental breakfast. My wife usually orders room service 3 or 4 mornings except those days I get her to go to the buffet with me. Just trying to figure out what items I may have to bring back to the room for her.

It is only the typical European continental breakfast: coffee, pastry/muffin, juice.

There's always the MDR onboard for breakfast....if you're not into bringing food back from the buffet ...I understand room service for breakfast is a real treat, but 7.95 is really more than I'd spend to be served in my room...just my personal preference..and here is a link that shows where and who serves any meal onboard.

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Dining-Flyer-081215.pdf

Here is an interesting question.

Several years ago, we were on the Crown in Bermuda. There was a suspected Norovirus outbreak, and they thought DW had it. Fortunately, she didn't, but we were quarantined in our cabin for 2 days. We had to order room service, which the waiter would not bring into the cabin.

Do you think NCL would waive the charge in that case?

Here is an interesting question.

Several years ago, we were on the Crown in Bermuda. There was a suspected Norovirus outbreak, and they thought DW had it. Fortunately, she didn't, but we were quarantined in our cabin for 2 days. We had to order room service, which the waiter would not bring into the cabin.

Do you think NCL would waive the charge in that case?

That is a good question for NCL. I would hope if they quarantined a passenger, they would give them the food at no charge.