What is the charge for Room Service?

mickev99

So I have read different threads and done a search, and still can't come up with a definitive answer. Is room service still free for most of the daytime? I last sailed NCL in 2013 and it was free except overnight hours (don't remember the exact times).

Some threads say NCL is testing charges on certain ships, but I want to know from people who have cruised lately. We are on the Dawn in December.

What has been the recent experience on the Dawn or ships like it?

Thanks!

I am probably not the best person to answer your question as the policy went into affect the week after our last cruise, but if I understand it right: the cont breakfast like in the past is still no charge. Everything else has a charge plus a $7.95 service charge. This is very similar to most charges in hotels. That is one reason we rarely get room service anywhere. We do go to resaurants and bring food back to our room or cabin sometimes.

There's always the MDR onboard for breakfast....if you're not into bringing food back from the buffet ...I understand room service for breakfast is a real treat, but 7.95 is really more than I'd spend to be served in my room...just my personal preference..and here is a link that shows where and who serves any meal onboard.

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Dining-Flyer-081215.pdf

Thanks for the chart, but totally had nothing to do with the question I asked.

Other than a very simple continental breakfast which is free between the for about 4 hours in the morning, room service incurs a charge of $7.95 per order. The fee is waived on items that have a cost associated to them such as alcoholic beverages and special orders (cheese plate etc.)

Rochelle

If you have the UBP and order a beer with room service, there is no charge?

I am probably not the best person to answer your question as the policy went into affect the week after our last cruise, but if I understand it right: the cont breakfast like in the past is still no charge. Everything else has a charge plus a $7.95 service charge. This is very similar to most charges in hotels. That is one reason we rarely get room service anywhere. We do go to resaurants and bring food back to our room or cabin sometimes.

Items from the room service menu are free. The $7.95 service charge is per order.

• 2 months later...

I've read a few posts on here about the room service charge being waived for suite guests, but the NCL FAQs says it's only waived for Haven guests.

Does anybody have experience with this in a non-Haven suite? We will be in a Penthouse with large balcony front facing (SE) on the Norwegian Star and am curious if we should plan for the $7.95/order.

I've read a few posts on here about the room service charge being waived for suite guests, but the NCL FAQs says it's only waived for Haven guests.

Does anybody have experience with this in a non-Haven suite? We will be in a Penthouse with large balcony front facing (SE) on the Norwegian Star and am curious if we should plan for the $7.95/order.

I know somewhere on NCL it states Haven only but it really is any suite of which the PH (SF/SE) suite is one, and are excluded from the room service charge. We were on the Star and there is no Haven on that ship.

You're good, however, it will be delivered by your Butler so you'll probably want to add a tip for them.

I know somewhere on NCL it states Haven only but it really is any suite of which the PH (SF/SE) suite is one, and are excluded from the room service charge. We were on the Star and there is no Haven on that ship.

You're good, however, it will be delivered by your Butler so you'll probably want to add a tip for them.

You tip the butler at the end of the cruise. They do not expect a daily tip.