Booking through US agency with Canadian credit card?

jealdaka

Can you pay for a cruise booked through a US agency with a Canadian credit card? Going with friends and this seems the best option. We want to be able to buy OBC at the 10% up charge fee and can only do that if cruise is paid in CAD.

Most US agencies will probably take your CDN an credit card BUT book your cruise in US$ and charge your card in US$ this preventing you from getting the exchange rate.

IMO you would be better off just booking direct through Royal and getting the great rate.

YOu are going to get a WAY better deal booking at the main website and putting in the province you live in -comes up with a great deal. I got Oasis oceanview balcony for $2073 cdn for 2 people with a Canadian resident discount. Same cruise was $2500ish in USD.

I agree. I just booked Jewel in a balcony for the Mediterranean. The senior rate was actually better than the resident rate but it is all in CDN$$.

Book in Canadian otherwise you'll miss the 10% exchange deal for OBC. We have two cruises upcoming, one was booked in USD and the other in Canadian. On the Canadian one we were able to get the 10% deal but not on the US cruise. Luckily for use they are back to back with the Canadian up front so we just doubled up on the OBC on the first leg. We'll just empty the account out on the last night of the first leg and put it down on the first day of the second leg.