Spa tours?

LrgPizza

Do any or all NCL ships offer spa tours?

Are they done on embarkation day, or any other times during the cruise?

About how long do they usually last?

Disclaimer: I have no interest in ever using a spa on a ship, but since I'll have extra ship time on the Escape TA, I wouldn't mind at least seeing what it looks like in person.

Edited by LrgPizza

Do any or all NCL ships offer spa tours?

Are they done on embarkation day, or any other times during the cruise?

About how long do they usually last?

Disclaimer: I have no interest in ever using a spa on a ship, but since I'll have extra ship time on the Escape TA, I wouldn't mind at least seeing what it looks like in person.

I've seen them done on all days. I wish they would limit it to embarkation day only.

I've seen them done on all days. I wish they would limit it to embarkation day only.
On embarkation day, most of the stuff is turned off and you don't really get a good idea of what the facilities are like during normal operation. Also you don't get to see the other spa users so you can decide if you want to avoid the area after all :p

I have never been bothered by people visiting during the cruise. It's not like they run group tours, or bring women through the men's area (or vice versa, which is common for embarkation day visits). Being selfish, I wish they would not do anything to encourage more people to use the spa, but of course I understand they are running a business.

For the OP, if you miss the embarkation day visits, stop by later on at a time they don't look too busy and I think they will be willing to walk you through the area. Obviously you should avoid telling them what you told us, that you have no interest in ever using the spa :p

On embarkation day, most of the stuff is turned off and you don't really get a good idea of what the facilities are like during normal operation.

Is that the case? I was hoping to use the spa pass on embarkation day. When do they turn everything on? That night or the not till the next day?

For the OP, if you miss the embarkation day visits, stop by later on at a time they don't look too busy and I think they will be willing to walk you through the area. Obviously you should avoid telling them what you told us, that you have no interest in ever using the spa :p

Haha, of course! I figure after seeing it, I'll be better able to defend my position on why I never want to use it. :D

Somewhat off topic: I used an upper deck bathroom I found on the Getaway on my way to a deck party. When I came out, I was turned around, and just started walking. I ended up in a room with lots of sinks and things that appeared to be part of the salon (which was closed.) I was heading to a door on the other side of the room to explore beyond, when someone from a cleaning crew came and asked me if I was lost, and directed me back out. Bummer! haha

Is that the case? I was hoping to use the spa pass on embarkation day. When do they turn everything on? That night or the not till the next day?

I don't know if this is the universal answer for all ships, but I've purchased a future Spa Pass, and it says it will be 'delivered' on embarkation day at 4:00 PM.

In my experience, the spa opens that evening (the exact time probably depends on the cruise, I'm guessing it's always after the muster drill). And I have never asked, but if you have a spa pass maybe they will let you start using the limited facilities earlier than that, if you don't mind all the people walking through.

Out of curiosity, why are you so adamant about never using an onboard spa although you've never seen one?

I'm just not a spa person in general. I've only been to them on land a handful of times in my life. My lack of interest in a ship spa is for a few different reasons:

- I don't like to sit still or "relax" unless I'm sleeping.

- I often see the word "thermal" attached, and I don't want anything hot unless I'm working on my tan. A pool should be cold in order to cool off.

- They seem quiet, and I don't like quiet. I want music and energy and excitement.

- They are often indoors, and if I wanted to be indoors at a spa, I would just do that at home at better spas. But I don't.

For those reasons, I wouldn't even pay $20 to use the spa. It just doesn't hold any value for me. But who knows - what might happen on tour is that I'll fall in love with the snow room and decide that I want to hang out in there? We shall see. I just figure I should at least see it.

I did go in a spa on a DCL ship once for a pedicure (forced by my mother-in-law). It was one of the most horrifying experiences of my life, and I've never gotten a pedicure anywhere again. haha!

Edited by LrgPizza