Passport in Kusadasi?

We have been on many cruises and only had to have our passports with us in port once and that was St. Petersburg, Russia and that was because we went through customs each day we were there. Other times we have been told to have our passports when exiting the ship but we have never done so ie Venice. Our passports remain in the safe in our room and we have a photocopy of each of our passports' main page.

I have heard conflicting stories about whether or not we will be required to take our passports with us when we dock at Kusadasi. Anyone with recent experience there? Thank you so much!

Trish

We have been on many cruises and only had to have our passports with us in port once and that was St. Petersburg, Russia and that was because we went through customs each day we were there. Other times we have been told to have our passports when exiting the ship but we have never done so ie Venice. Our passports remain in the safe in our room and we have a photocopy of each of our passports' main page.

I have heard conflicting stories about whether or not we will be required to take our passports with us when we dock at Kusadasi. Anyone with recent experience there? Thank you so much!

Trish

I can only relate our experiences, but every cruise we have done that went to Turkey our passports were turned in when we boarded the ship in Rome and returned to us AFTER our Turkish stops. This has happened on 4 cruises. All were on Celebrity. So for us, this was not an issue since we didn't have them even in our safe :eek: Now, I will say I ALWAYS carry a color copy with me.

BTW: we were in Istanbul and Kusadasi in early May of this year….. so this was fairly recent experience…...