Mircale boarding and to Do LA

planb

So we can get a direct flight that gets us to LA day of sailing at 7:30 in the am. Figure we get luggage and ride to terminal but are we looking at sitting around for hours ? We have heard that the traffic can be a yea or nay our war and a later flight would be 10:40 but 2 stops that sould cause maybe issues,Or if we grab a breakfast and than head out when do they start the boarding?

I think I would take the early flight, then get breakfast in Long Beach. The Queen Marry is in the same parking lot as the terminal. We are coming from Riverside by car, 90 minute ride, arriving early, part due to DH EXCITEMENT, and he doesn't like traffic. We are walking to Queen Marry for Brunch. :)

Take the early flight.

Traffic can always be an issue even though you're arriving on a Saturday.

You'll arrive at port around 9. Porters should already be available to collect luggage. Early check in starts around 9:30. Doors open around 11:30.

After check in you could walk over to the Queen Mary. IIRC there is some sort of discount for Carnival pax. Bring your boarding pass or card.

Or you could take the free Long Beach Passport bus. It goes around Long Beach, past a Walmart, other stores and the Aquarium of the Pacific. A few pax and many crew take this bus. The bus stop is in the parking lot, under the trees.

For breakfast you could grab something at the airport, on the Queen Mary or the food truck to the south of the parking structure. It's possibly that some of the restaurants along the Passport route are open for breakfast.

Edited by SadieN

This great info. I think we will take the early flight my DH hates traffic and delays that may be impacting. BUT by dropping our bags do you all mean the ship with the porters? I assume they would be fine if we gave a nice tip too. Like both the Queen Mary and the bus as we could go grab some caned soda for the trip too and get breakfast. Any other ideas are great.

This great info. I think we will take the early flight my DH hates traffic and delays that may be impacting. BUT by dropping our bags do you all mean the ship with the porters? I assume they would be fine if we gave a nice tip too. Like both the Queen Mary and the bus as we could go grab some caned soda for the trip too and get breakfast. Any other ideas are great.

By the time you get off the plane, get your luggage, get a cab and arrive in Long Beach, the porters will be there to take your luggage. Now, in my experience, cruising out of this port is crazy. It is OUTSIDE, with very FEW places to sit.

We stayed at the Queen Mary the night before and walked over to the port at 9:00....checked in and got our zone number. We were lucky enough to get a seat . Since we got an early zone number, we boarded quite quickly...BUT.....there were thousands of people standing in the hot sun for hours.

Everyone is different. You may do as planned and board late....or arrive early and be one of the first on the ship. :)