Love and Marriage show

MaiTaiMary

We were picked a couple times as the middle couple and once as the longest married. I've gone to that show dozens of times in my 40 cruises, but no more. Some questions have varied over the years but not nearly enough to keep it interesting. I'd suggest they also use a different format. It got old a long time ago.

We were picked a couple times as the middle couple and once as the longest married. I've gone to that show dozens of times in my 40 cruises, but no more. Some questions have varied over the years but not nearly enough to keep it interesting. I'd suggest they also use a different format. It got old a long time ago.

How did you get picked?

It is up to the CD to change the questions. I was just with Jase on the Conquest and it was his last show after an 11 months as CD on a ship he was going to the CD conference and then on vacation.

He said and you can decide if true, that the VP of Entertainment was on the last cruise (and he called in during one of the morning shows if that adds any weight) and the VP said Jase's show was the best he has ever seen.

While some of the questions were the same he did change most up and it all depends on the answers and how the CD steers the response if you ask me.

He did not pick the middle couple until the had the other two, married on ship on debarkation day and a 47 year couple. He was specifically looking for right in the middle at 23 to 15 years, don't know if that played any factor.

Was a great show IMHO!!

How did you get picked?

Just off the Magic- he did the most recently married (and wanting to participate)- which was the previous day in port.

Then he asked to find the LONGEST married, promising them they didn't have to play if they didn't want to, the longest was like 63 years, and he actually didn't seem to give them the option to play, and told them to just hang out, they earned the break. He picked the next longest at 55 (?) years; but we applauded everyone over 50 years married.

Then he asked for couples who had been married 10-30 years, and they had a kissing contest and we picked by audience applause. Being located near the front of the theatre seemed to help with kissing visibility.

We've been on a lot of cruises and the questions don't change much, even between the lines. As stated above, it's the answers and how good the CD's response to them are.

We still remember a couple from many cruises ago married 60+ years -- the lady, in her 90's, was asked the most unusual place they had "made whoopee". She brought down the house when without hesitation she told about a hotel balcony in Paris. The husband got it right :D