Any word on what the Sunshine will do tomorrow?

Ocala Cruisers

We all were disappointed about not going to Bermuda. We were celebrating our 38th Anniversary on Oct. 2nd. But, we all know safety comes first. This ship was suppose to be docked in Hamilton for 3 days.

Last week I booked for next May 19 2016 to Bermuda, again. Decided to stay away from Oct. sailing. What I just found out is this sailing does not dock in Hamilton but Summerset, which is the Dockyard. The Victory ship which Carnival is booking just indicates Bermuda for 3 days. I would make sure you ask when booking as to which location in Bermuda the ship is going to for this cruise. Having been to Bermuda 4 times prior Front St. in Hamilton is our 1st choice.

Front St is your first choice, but why? Did you dock there 4 other times? What cruise line?

HAL has a smaller ship that does dock at Front street.

RCCL's ships are all too big and dock at the Navel Dockyard. We did so and although is was nice at the dockyards (shopping perhaps worth a 1/2 a day and the museum for the other half) - it cost $$ to take the ferry across the water to Hamilton or St Georges to do anything else.

I would be very upset to miss Bermuda and I bet is why many people booked that cruise. The track of this hurricane has changed several times. Carnival probably didn't know what they were going to do until this morning. Yes, it would be nice if Carnival allowed those who did not want to sail the new itinerary to disembark and get a refund. However, I would start enjoying my vacation and would appreciate the discount on another cruise. The new ports are good. You could use the discount towards another Bermuda cruise.

The cruise lines would go broke if they allowed people to disembark and refunded their money, they still have the expenses whether people sail or not (salaries, food, fuel, and the list goes on, based on the numbers who were to sail). This is why we sign a cruise contract that states ports are subject to change. I personally would not choose to cruise if I would get upset at the possibility the port would change, especially if it is hurricane season. This is also a reason I do not sail during hurricane season, less risk! :)

I don't know where you got the idea that Sunshine would be docking in Hamilton. She is much too large to dock there. She would have been at Dockyard. Veendam docks in Hamilton, and she is 57,000 tons. Sunshine is 102,000. EM

We all were disappointed about not going to Bermuda. We were celebrating our 38th Anniversary on Oct. 2nd. But, we all know safety comes first. This ship was suppose to be docked in Hamilton for 3 days.

Last week I booked for next May 19 2016 to Bermuda, again. Decided to stay away from Oct. sailing. What I just found out is this sailing does not dock in Hamilton but Summerset, which is the Dockyard. The Victory ship which Carnival is booking just indicates Bermuda for 3 days. I would make sure you ask when booking as to which location in Bermuda the ship is going to for this cruise. Having been to Bermuda 4 times prior Front St. in Hamilton is our 1st choice.

According to the Bermuda port schedule, Sunshine would have been at King's Wharf, Dockyard.

http://marineandports.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/2015_Cruise_Ship_Schedule.pdf

Edited by Essiesmom

This is my own personal opinion, but for one day, and only one day I'd love to cruise the storm. How awesome mother nature is. I wouldn't want my entire vacation to be this but to experience it once would be awesome!

Be careful what you wish for. After about 10 minutes you would probably decide get me out of there:eek::eek:

HAL has a smaller ship that does dock at Front street.

RCCL's ships are all too big and dock at the Navel Dockyard. We did so and although is was nice at the dockyards (shopping perhaps worth a 1/2 a day and the museum for the other half) - it cost $$ to take the ferry across the water to Hamilton or St Georges to do anything else.

The one time we went there took buses or ferry around the island and thought it enhanced the experience.

The one time we went there took buses or ferry around the island and thought it enhanced the experience.

I agree with it enhancing the experience. While docking downtown would be kind of neat, there is something to be said for docking at King's Wharf.

Carnival does not dock in Hamilton.

Even the handful of cruises that Fantasy did 4 years ago from Charleston were docked at King's Wharf (Dockyard). I had booked one of those sailings but switched to Glory out of Norfolk (4 years ago this week). It was 6 nights but we were only in port for 1-1/2 days, which is why I booked Splendor when I saw that sailing (we're in port next Monday at 8 until Wednesday at 4 and that still isn't enough time).

I feel bad for the handful of folks who were originally booked on Splendor and then switched to Sunshine when that came along.

But, honestly, there are cruiselines that sail to Bermuda all summer, every summer. Unless you are married to Carnival, why not pick one of those?

I'm leaving on Friday only because I want to get to Milestone (this is #23, and #24 & #25 are booked). And it's an easy drive to Norfolk.

Carnival does not dock in Hamilton.

Even the handful of cruises that Fantasy did 4 years ago from Charleston were docked at King's Wharf (Dockyard). I had booked one of those sailings but switched to Glory out of Norfolk (4 years ago this week). It was 6 nights but we were only in port for 1-1/2 days, which is why I booked Splendor when I saw that sailing (we're in port next Monday at 8 until Wednesday at 4 and that still isn't enough time).

I feel bad for the handful of folks who were originally booked on Splendor and then switched to Sunshine when that came along.

But, honestly, there are cruiselines that sail to Bermuda all summer, every summer. Unless you are married to Carnival, why not pick one of those?

I'm leaving on Friday only because I want to get to Milestone (this is #23, and #24 & #25 are booked). And it's an easy drive to Norfolk.

Most likely we would book other than Carnival next time to Bermuda to get 3 days there and also docking downtown.

If we do go back again, and sure hope we do, would prefer docking downtown.

One of the best places we have been to, for sure.

I do have to say that walking downtown and suddenly seeing the black hull of the HAL ship there made me want to board her......

I do have to say that walking downtown and suddenly seeing the black hull of the HAL ship there made me want to board her......

We went there on the 9/11 Miracle cruise and middle day hurricane came thru and was tough to get around. Would have been easier to dock downtown that day for sure.

One reason we were so happy we had three full days there.:):)