Anyone out in the sea now w/hurricane Juaquin?

6 of us

How's the water?? I would assume pretty rough but a hurricane passed us once & the sea was like glass for us. I leave tomorrow for the Bahamas & wanted to check in to see if someone was on a cruise right now.

... uhhhh ... what ??

I am on the Independence now. We just left St. Kitts today heading back to Fort Lauderdale. The captain announced right after we left port today that he was changing our route due to the hurricane. We are returning to Florida by staying closer to left side of the route. We will be in sight of Puerto Rico, hispanola, and Cuba.

We are still going to be back on Sunday as planned, but he will have to go faster.

I feel a bit more rocking, but the TV has winds of only 19 mph.

Just got off of Grandeur today - 6 night from Baltimore to Bermuda and back - on the way there 9/26/15 we sailed through IDA - horrible! worst cruise i've ever been on (see signature....not a newbie) 75% of the ship was sick and at least 1/2 of the crew - Several waves were hitting the 8th floor balconies and rolling into the rooms - carpets soaking wet everywhere you went - hot tubs overflowing - just horrible - then the AC broke too...

hot tubs overflowing - just horrible

Swimming in the pool on the Mariner OTS During a storm was one of the most fun activities I did. 10ft high waves, splashing all over the deck, half the pool was dry, the waves were so big. Great fun. Its all a matter of perspective.

I'm sorry you got sea sick.

I would normally agree with you - but it was hard to find any fun the day the rest of the ship was sick - every where we walked there were little yellow cones with vomit underneath - they just couldn't clean up fast enough - they were short staffed too. Not their fault - just gross

Just off the Enchantment 4 day Bahamas cruise this morning. Weather was beautiful and we had no idea there was a storm until Wednesday. The captain told us that the Majesty had to skip CocoCay Wednesday because of the storm, but it was gorgeous there for us on Tuesday. Water was choppy in Nassau when we were docked on Wednesday, but yesterday was smooth for our sea day.