Brilliance 10/4-10/11 - somewhat live maybe

mslaabs

Today is the end of cell phone coverage so I may not be able to post more until I get home. If I find wifi in the other ports i will post.

Today we did Lulu's lobster tour. It was good very informative. We saw some seals and a bald eagle. At lunch in town and had lobster rolls. We also were there at low tide and checked out the trail that is hidden at high tide.

8ea119006c854444d3ed9ea572b9b34d.jpg

f871298923b1df8e69d120473c2ba227.jpg8437e4618ed3545e52dec78fae311f8a.jpg24b8e5de44487f473db06dc82ceb0328.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I'm working in Bar Harbor today! Love it when we have cruise ships in, I hope you enjoy your day, the weather is gorgeous!

It's a nice day and we are having fun

Loving your review as we will also be on the Oct 18 sailing. Thank you !!! How long is the tender ride ????

Also looking for some lunch restaurant thoughts - Dall ??

Cheers to all,

Linda

It seemed like about 10min tender rude. A short line around 8:15. Crew says busy time starts at 9:00. Restraints at water front fill up quickly.. We walked up the hill and found a place called galyn's.

We did this cruise last month, it was a 9 nighter out of Boston after Brilliance was repositioning. We also stayed at the Seaport Hotel which is fabulous and worth the price. Ten or Fifteen minutes to the port or airport depending on the traffic....,.which is horrible!!! We didn't get to see the leaves change but we had some fabulous tours and self tours. If you are thinking about booking this cruise, The Ultimate tour with Anne's house was amazing. The lobster lunch was the best we had in 4 ports!!

Thanks so much for the report & the pics!!

If you have time could you let me know about the fall leaf color in the ports.

Thanks!

Chris

The leaves are just starting to turn. Very little color at the two ports we've been to.

Thanks so much for letting me know about the leaf color.

I'm hoping they change very slowly!

We board 10/19 in Quebec on Serenade & head south.

I'm enjoying your posts on all the ports...was just thinking about what we are going to do in Bar Harbor!

Chris

It did not look like much right at the ship area. There's a tent with souvenir stuff, but we haven't been it yet. We booked a trolley tour at the dock which drove around the city with a stop at reversing falls. There was an optional drop off at city market which did and where I found free wifi. Lots of food stands here and I found good chili.

7831639c98b531faa4e4474e76fad500.jpgbc1165bb562408b81e0f9b20bc4ee726.jpg634c01392fde246fa258f7aa7fdc78b6.jpg

To whoever was asking about the revolving bar, i have not found one yet. I will ask a crew member before the end of the week.

revolving bar is in the Vortex on Deck 13. I don't believe that it starts rotating until around 7 pm. That section is sometimes used as an overflow area for theDiamond Club. Across the hallway is the Hollywood Odyssey, the private lounge for evening cocktails for Suite guest, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members.

Note self, periscoping drains battery. I didn't take any sailway photos on my phone due to dead battery. I'll have to post the ones from my camera later. In Portland today. I am up early to watch our arrival. Lighthouse on port side, sunrise on starboard. Here are some early morning ship photos.

Was that you I was talking to on Periscope? You were at the bar? I was talking to you about Halifax?

revolving bar is in the Vortex on Deck 13. I don't believe that it starts rotating until around 7 pm. That section is sometimes used as an overflow area for theDiamond Club. Across the hallway is the Hollywood Odyssey, the private lounge for evening cocktails for Suite guest, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members.

Ok, will try there

Back to the ship. Free wifi in terminal. My cabin sunk while I was out (photo below). The park cafe has chips,which i just noticed . Grabbed those and pizza from windjammer for lunch.b119cf965c0031d311ce0329a9e6c829.jpg8b4b2f3fa1537fdb4ca5509ab027d9cb.jpgc9c1e01d59f675b4d8a247c3d69574aa.jpg942c690b3c2d1dd6c335618b6349f73b.jpg.