extra large balcony vs mini suite - subjective I know

tweeterbug

I have a somewhat subjective question for you experienced Epic cruisersJ My husband and I are currently booked in a large balcony cabin cabin with a 97sq ft balcony…SCORE;-) Since we booked the prices have dropped and we could book a mini suite for slightly less than we paid for our balcony. Our cruise is the Dec 9th mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona. We realize it will be cool outside but we are Canadian and it doesn’t bother us too much;-) Hubby really likes having a large balcony but I like the idea of an extra large shower! How are the balcony sizes? Any larger mini suite balconies? What would you do? Is the little bit of extra space in the mini suite noticable enough that we should give up the extra large balcony…keeping in mind that we aren’t going to be spending tons of time out there? Again…I realize this is very subjective. Thanks!!! :D

As you are beyond final payment, chances are you can't change now anyway! If you tried to cancel and rebook, you'd lose whatever cancellation fee applies to this far from sailing at least.

So, the point really is moot, unless you actually plan to throw money away!

I thought you can always upgrade after final payment. Ex - if you paid $3000 for a balcony and after final payment mini suites dropped to $3000 you could call and upgrade to that cabin. Is that not right? That is possible on CCL, Celebrity and RCI.

At any rate if the large balcony cabin has lounge chair(s) and a dining table and the mini suite just has the regular chairs and the small side table, I'd stay with your original choice. I like being able to lay down, nap, eat and/or sunbathe (prob not your time of year!) on my balcony.

I thought you can always upgrade after final payment. Ex - if you paid $3000 for a balcony and after final payment mini suites dropped to $3000 you could call and upgrade to that cabin. Is that not right? That is possible on CCL, Celebrity and RCI.

That's what I understood too. I've never cruised with NCL before though...only Celebrity.

At any rate if the large balcony cabin has lounge chair(s) and a dining table and the mini suite just has the regular chairs and the small side table, I'd stay with your original choice. I like being able to lay down, nap, eat and/or sunbathe (prob not your time of year!) on my balcony.

I'm torn because I don't know how much time we'll be spending on the balcony but I like the idea of bundling up in a blanket and having a coffee of glass of wine out there:-) I'll likely end up keeping the extra large balcony but would love to hear more about the mini suites:-)

I have a somewhat subjective question for you experienced Epic cruisersJ My husband and I are currently booked in a large balcony cabin cabin with a 97sq ft balcony…SCORE;-) Since we booked the prices have dropped and we could book a mini suite for slightly less than we paid for our balcony. Our cruise is the Dec 9th mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona. We realize it will be cool outside but we are Canadian and it doesn’t bother us too much;-) Hubby really likes having a large balcony but I like the idea of an extra large shower! How are the balcony sizes? Any larger mini suite balconies? What would you do? Is the little bit of extra space in the mini suite noticable enough that we should give up the extra large balcony…keeping in mind that we aren’t going to be spending tons of time out there? Again…I realize this is very subjective. Thanks!!! :D

The mini suite is really nice

I'd vote minisuite...balconies on NCL are much smaller than RCCL (my only comparison), so I dont think it's much more space.

My wife likes the washrooms in minisuites - either tub for the kids or the double sink but that was on the BA and GA, so someone can chime in for the Epic...

Yes, you can call and request an upgrade. I did it on my upcoming Escape TA. I moved from the lowest balcony to a higher floor. Could've paid a little more for a mini-suite but didn't like the location. If you booked thru a TA, you work with them to make the change.

I'd vote minisuite...balconies on NCL are much smaller than RCCL (my only comparison), so I dont think it's much more space.

The OP said it was a large 97sq. ft. balcony which is actually quite a bit larger than the standard minisuite balcony.