Rasul treatment on Independence of the Seas

Does anyone know if the couples Rasul Spa Treatment is still available on Independence of the Seas? I have tried to research it, but I am finding nothing. I am hoping this is just because You have to schedule it in person. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Rasul on Independence a couple years ago. If I remember correctly, it wasn't on the list of treatments--we asked about it at the counter and they offered it to us for like $100 or so for about an hour. It was unique fun and worth it to try once.

Essentially it is a do-it-yourself treatment with you and your partner. You shower, slather each other up with mucky goo, scrub each other, then sit in a private steam room.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Cruzncouple, any chance you could try to post your findings when you return? I really want to do this and recently saw a spa menu and it wasn't listed =[

I will definately let you know what I find out! I have a feeling if it is offered, it is something that you must request. Either that or they don't offer it anymore. Either way, I will find out in 35 days!!!

• 1 month later...

So I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but I am really interested in this Rasul treatment still, and I reached out to Royal online and received this reply today:

"The spa onboard the Independence of the Seas does offer Rasul treatments; an Arabian cleansing ritual of chakra muds and aromatherapy. Once you have a reservation, you will be able to access the Cruise Planner booking tool where you can see the available spa treatments and prices."

I went onto the Cruise Planner and don't see the Rasul anywhere, and I know a few people have reported that they no longer offer it. Do I just assume the customer service rep is misinformed, or do I hold out hope that its offered on the Indy still?

On Navigator last year it wasn't on any of the spa menus but I was shown the room during the spa tour and was able to book it. They had it on a price list behind the desk but not on the service menus they have posted in front of the spa. It also wasn't on our cruise planner. We loved it and hope to make it a cruise ritual from now on. I booked it right after the spa tour before sail away. We thought it was well worth the money. My skin felt amazing and so did DH. I never would have talked him into having a spa treatment but he was up for the Rasul. We booked the last appointment of the day which I think was 5pm. They told us since it was the last one we could take as long as wanted. We were still only there an hour but it was more relaxing not having to watch the clock. They also told us we could bring a bottle of wine or champagne into the treatment room so I brought one of the bottles of champagne that I brought onboard. Be careful if you do that though. Everything in the room is wet and slippery, including you! I just wish I could find a place near home that did it!

We did the Rasul on Independence a couple years ago. If I remember correctly, it wasn't on the list of treatments--we asked about it at the counter and they offered it to us for like $100 or so for about an hour. It was unique fun and worth it to try once.

Essentially it is a do-it-yourself treatment with you and your partner. You shower, slather each other up with mucky goo, scrub each other, then sit in a private steam room.

We did it awhile back... I forget which line. Our take: it was fun at first--giggling a lot--but mostly a bunch of work getting off the mud. (And we shower together regularly.) More exhausted than relaxed when all said & done. We prefer couples massages and then relaxing in the thermal suite together.

PS--You can do the same on St. Martin, with an excursion with Capt. Alan. Uses the natural mud on private beach, but with a few other couples. Rinsing off in the sea is easier. Cheaper too, as I recall. =)

Edited by sofietucker