Current wines by the glass in Drink Packages

cle-guy

Being in a RS' date=' does the $13 limit apply with us getting the premium? And that $13, does that INCLUDE the tip, so when looking at wines, do we choose anything $13 and not have the "upcharge" of extra cost?

thanks for clarification here![/quote']

Yes, RS get the premium package and it's honored the same as all other premium packages. You still pay overage.

And the tips are included in any package.

Yes, you can pick anything $13 or less and pay nothing. If it's $13.50, you pay 50 cents plus 18% gratuity on the 50 cents.

Hi There

My wife and I will be on the Solstice in January and due to being in a suite have the complimentary premium package.

The question is, do they do Champagne by the glass if so how much?

My thinking being, we only pay the difference between $13 and the actual cost

so we may get the equivalent to a nice bottle of Champagne for very little outlay.

Cheers

Jim

We had a Female Sommelier in the MDR tell us the same when we were on the Reflection in Nov 2013. The next dinner service we came in with our blue plastic glasses from the Sunset Bar, the look of horror on her face!

She still would not make an attempt, so after soup n salad, I went and fetched the dear wifester another and returned with the ugly blue plastic glass yet again. She quickly poured it into a regular wine glass, and before dinner was over had a bottle on the table.;)

Story over, back to talking about smashed grapes in bottles!:D

LOVE IT!!!!

I mostly drink wine at dinner and cocktails around the ship. Next time, I will enquire about available wines in the other bars. If I find one I like, I will ask them to stock it in the MDR.

lol, we must have had the same Sommelier!

We had a Female Sommelier in the MDR tell us the same when we were on the Reflection in Nov 2013. The next dinner service we came in with our blue plastic glasses from the Sunset Bar, the look of horror on her face!

She still would not make an attempt, so after soup n salad, I went and fetched the dear wifester another and returned with the ugly blue plastic glass yet again. She quickly poured it into a regular wine glass, and before dinner was over had a bottle on the table.;)

Story over, back to talking about smashed grapes in bottles!:D

GREAT STORY - Those blue plastic glasses DO get their attention. Thanks for sharing!

Mike

Hi There

My wife and I will be on the Solstice in January and due to being in a suite have the complimentary premium package.

The question is, do they do Champagne by the glass if so how much?

My thinking being, we only pay the difference between $13 and the actual cost

so we may get the equivalent to a nice bottle of Champagne for very little outlay.

Cheers

Jim

Yes sparkling wine are on the list posted in this thread. Not many expensive ones by the glass though. The full wine menu to see what options by the glass are outside package is provided via a link in the initial post in this thread.

Cle-Guy -

Thanks for posting this information. It's really helpful. I realize that availability could change by the time we sail, but wine lists are generally representative. If something goes away, it's usually replaced by something similar.

Again, thank you so much!

I noted that if one has the Premium package and orders a $13.50 glass of wine then one pays $.50. How about the Classic package? If the wine is $10/glass, do you pay $1? Or the full $10?

full $10 - it is another reason to get people to pay to upgrade from the free packages.

I noted that if one has the Premium package and orders a $13.50 glass of wine then one pays $.50. How about the Classic package? If the wine is $10/glass, do you pay $1? Or the full $10?

Full $10 + 18%