New Carnival Airline program

NOSaints1

Cruise Radio News

Carnival Launches New Air Program

Posted: 05 Oct 2015 07:42 AM PDT

CCL AIR

LISTEN HERE

No, it’s not an airline. Carnival Cruise Line is launching a new air program that is designed to provide guests with maximum value, choice and convenience when making their air arrangements in conjunction with their cruise.

The new Fly2Fun program is flexible as it allows guests to customize their air reservations with a wide array of options, including the ability to specify their preferred air carrier, departure point, specific flight schedule, and type of accommodation (coach, business, etc.). Immediate confirmation is received once the reservation is made, thus streamlining the vacation-planning process. Flights can also be customized for those who wish to extend their vacation with a pre- or post-cruise stay.

Flight Protection Program

Ensures guests will be flown to the next port of call to begin their cruise should they miss their departure due to airline mechanical or weather-related issues. Carnival will cover air, hotel, transportation and meal costs for guests to meet the ship in the next port of call.

Two Different Options

Flexible Air. Guests or their travel agent can book travel on major carriers up to four days prior to sailing with an attractive “Book Now – Pay Later” feature in which payment for air is collected with the final cruise payment. Additionally, there are no change fees if modifications are made outside of 60 days of departure.

Restricted Air. Tickets are non-refundable. Air tickets must be paid at the time of booking and change fees are based on the airlines’ policies once the ticket is issued.

Fly2Fun must be booked via phone.

Source: Carnival

Photo: wiki

The post Carnival Launches New Air Program appeared first on Cruise Radio

I don't fly but went to look at it and can only book by calling for now. I would fly if it wasn't so expensive. With the price of gas, cheaper to drive and wayyyyyy more enjoyable.

Hopefully they will get it online soon.

Got a different opinion than you on flying vs driving from NY/Pa area to Miami.

Takes me 40 mins to get to LGA, and about 2 and 1/2 hrs to fly to Miami. I usually leave the morning of the cruise, snooze on the plane and arrive in Miami (or FLL) before 10AM. I can check in at Miami's airport Carnival counterand get my S&S card, board their shuttle, and be in the platinum lounge by 11AM. I can then unpack, and be eating lunch or brunch on Lido Deck by noon.

If I had to drive, it would take me over 2 days to reach Miami. Even though I'm retired, I do value my time. I used to enjoy driving like you say you do, but no more long hauls for me.

As I said, just a different opinion, no right or wrong here, each person has to do what makes them comfortable.

I leave early, have a non stop flight and there are other flights to Miami after mine. NY to MIA is like taking a cross town shuttle.

Edited by evandbob

Got a different opinion than you on flying vs driving from NY/Pa area to Miami.

Takes me 40 mins to get to LGA, and about 2 and 1/2 hrs to fly to Miami. I usually leave the morning of the cruise, snooze on the plane and arrive in Miami (or FLL) before 10AM. I can check in at Miami's airport Carnival counterand get my S&S card, board their shuttle, and be in the platinum lounge by 11AM. I can then unpack, and be eating lunch or brunch on Lido Deck by noon.

If I had to drive, it would take me over 2 days to reach Miami. Even though I'm retired, I do value my time. I used to enjoy driving like you say you do, but no more long hauls for me.

As I said, just a different opinion, no right or wrong here, each person has to do what makes them comfortable.

I leave early, have a non stop flight and there are other flights to Miami after mine. NY to MIA is like taking a cross town shuttle.

Bob, you are very correct on the time and as for price...ooops. Takes us 3 days and when I do think about the food and motels, not cheaper at all. My bad.:o

But we love the time spent together on a long drive and just love the relaxation.

DH says my biggest problem with flying is that I take too many bags and would never work out. We each take 4 bags.:eek: Hey on long cruises I need more.:D

We haven't flown in 10 yrs and back then we would get to the airport 2 hours early then it would take all day to get there. More than likely things have changed lol.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Bob, you are very correct on the time and as for price...ooops. Takes us 3 days and when I do think about the food and motels, not cheaper at all. My bad.:o

But we love the time spent together on a long drive and just love the relaxation.

DH says my biggest problem with flying is that I take too many bags and would never work out. We each take 4 bags.:eek: Hey on long cruises I need more.:D

We haven't flown in 10 yrs and back then we would get to the airport 2 hours early then it would take all day to get there. More than likely things have changed lol.

Driving by oneself is a whole different trip than driving with your spouse.

{My one bag usually weighs about 22 to 25 lbs.}

• 4 months later...