Sticker Shock

These prices bounce up and down year after year. Our cruise for next year went from $3k for two to over $12k for two in a matter of one week. It is now down to about $5k but nearly sold out. You have to track the room you want and grab it when it's right.

Year to year our prices have continued to go down for the same room, but we always shop at least a year in advance and sometimes two.

We love NCL's Suite Life and had wanted to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary sailing from New Orleans. In July I priced the cruise sailing 4.2.17 and the suite cost was $4037.12; Pricey but doable since it is for a special occasion. Priced the same room and date today and the price is $5769.98. They say the Promo's are free, think not!!! Needless to say I did not book the cruise.

wow, yes, huge increase; this is why it is always a good idea to book if the price is something you feel comfortable with. Maybe the price will go down in the near future. Remember you are talking about the height of spring break for many schools.

Is not just for suites. I have noticed NCL prices have gone up a lot for next year and 2017 as well. I am always able to find a great deal in an inside cabin, now, no matter what itinerary i try to see i don't get anything below a 1000 dollars...I will probably take a pause with NCL and look at other lines. This year i took a 28 day cruise Mexico and ALaska for 775 dollars which to me was a steal. I am not surprised Suites are more expensive as well. Good luck

Edited by qtaromar1970

Is not just for suites. I have noticed NCL prices have gone up a lot for next year and 2017 as well. I am always able to find a great deal in an inside cabin, now, no matter what itinerary i try to see i don't get anything below a 1000 dollars...I will probably take a pause with NCL and look at other lines. This year i took a 28 day cruise Mexico and ALaska for 775 dollars which to me was a steal. I am not surprised Suites are more expensive as well. Good luck

A-men

I also have been pricing inside cabins into 2017. No long term booking discounts. They are more expensive than usual too. Unless the pricing comes down the value is not there IMHO. I can get an ocean front cabin in the Keys with private hot tub and a pool only shared by 10 cabins for much less than these cruise prices.

A-men

I also have been pricing inside cabins into 2017. No long term booking discounts. They are more expensive than usual too. Unless the pricing comes down the value is not there IMHO. I can get an ocean front cabin in the Keys with private hot tub and a pool only shared by 10 cabins for much less than these cruise prices.

double AMEN and with the rise of the service charges, 18 % gratuities it all adds up...does not make it seem like cruising is a deal anymore at least to me and i am a good tipper. I wanted to do the Australia cruise but boy between inside cabin and the airline, it really gets expensive...will keep on checking for sure..:eek::D

Edited by qtaromar1970

If you look at the graphs showing long-term price changes on a cruise website such as the one with "plum" in the name, you'll see that the suite prices tend to oscillate wildly - much more so than other cabin types.

There are also tons of low low prices right now for cruises 0-3 months in advance. I definitely wouldn't book a 2017 cruise anytime soon. NCL says they're going to quit discounting cruises after final payment is due, but that does not seem to be what's actually happening.

we paid 5,000 for the 2 bedroom on the star for the 14 day asia cruise next December when we booked 2 months ago. The price now s over 10,000

Yup, they found out the Stars new routs are popular and POOF the price goes thru the roof. We booked the 12 day Aus - NZ for a bit over $3000.00 pp

and it at last check was $12000.00 pp US dollars.

Glad we booked when we did we booked an SE.

I'm not sure what you are talking about as I see 16 itineraries in February alone that are less than $1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what you are talking about as I see 16 itineraries in February alone that are less than $1000.

not for itineraries i am interested in. I am sure. I don't travel in February. Right now i am going on a 21 day cruise for 579 dollars, on the Jade next year is twice that price...I don't do Caribbean, so only i know what i am talking about i guess :-)....

not for itineraries i am interested in. I am sure. I don't travel in February. Right now i am going on a 21 day cruise for 579 dollars, on the Jade next year is twice that price...I don't do Caribbean, so only i know what i am talking about i guess :-)....

Well you did say "no matter what itinerary" that you couldn't find anything under $1000. So I just wanted to point out that wasn't the case. In addition you do have to admit that a $579 for a 21 day no matter what time of year and no matter what itinerary, is a steal and definitely not the normal price. It is actually still a great deal at double the price that you mention for the jade next year.

Well you did say "no matter what itinerary" that you couldn't find anything under $1000. So I just wanted to point out that wasn't the case. In addition you do have to admit that a $579 for a 21 day no matter what time of year and no matter what itinerary, is a steal and definitely not the normal price. It is actually still a great deal at double the price that you mention for the jade next year.

Well i have been cruising with Norwegian since 2009 and i have never paid over 800 dollars on the cruises i have always been interested in, no matter what time of the year. So an itinerary almost exactly the same of what i am doing now at triple the cost is not a steal in my way of seeing things.. This past April i did a 28 day cruise for 775 dollars. I guess what i am saying those steals are non existent in the next couple of years, but i will keep checking :):D. I guess i should have said EUROPEAN ITINERARIES...instead of saying " no matter what itinerary" thanks for pointing that out..

Edited by qtaromar1970

You are saying about the same i did a day or so ago: people generalize and then start to backdown. Of course anyone who gets a 21 day cruise anywhere for $579 either booked last minute, had inside info or something.

People also have to remember, a price offered now, for 18 months out is going to change 10 times or more between now and sailing. NCL is just throwing those prices out to see what they can get.

You did just what I did the other day; you checked and found several cruises at a good price; just because they were not what another poster would consider desirable doesn't mean they are not out there.

You are saying about the same i did a day or so ago: people generalize and then start to backdown. Of course anyone who gets a 21 day cruise anywhere for $579 either booked last minute, had inside info or something.

People also have to remember, a price offered now, for 18 months out is going to change 10 times or more between now and sailing. NCL is just throwing those prices out to see what they can get.

You did just what I did the other day; you checked and found several cruises at a good price; just because they were not what another poster would consider desirable doesn't mean they are not out there.

NCL prices are high (higher than the were for most trips) and even on crappy old ship cruises too. Not everyone can cruise when the deals are. NCL is not the deal it used to be.

I don't recall the Jade EU cruise prices ever going that low for regular punters.

The TA's get down to that The Star did this year for 13n

The Jade is a bit more for 16nights.

I bought for $ 579 ocean view on the 8th floor on the Jade this coming October back in May. I got upgraded to a Balcony for free just recently and then another upgrade ( extra money, reasonable amount) to a mini suite. 21 days. A transatlantic.

Edited by qtaromar1970

We love NCL's Suite Life and had wanted to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary sailing from New Orleans. In July I priced the cruise sailing 4.2.17 and the suite cost was $4037.12; Pricey but doable since it is for a special occasion. Priced the same room and date today and the price is $5769.98. They say the Promo's are free, think not!!! Needless to say I did not book the cruise.

With the promos that have gone this year the demand has been high which causes the price to go up as inventory goes down.

I am booked on the 4/17/16 Dawn cruise. I booked my family of 4 into an SJ on 3/1/15 when only two SJ cabin were booked. The price with KSF, Ultimate Bev Package for 4, Ultimate Dining Package for 4, pre-paid gratuities for 4, and $200 OBC was $3125.

If I would go for the same cabin today its going for $6882. That's insane and I am glad I always book as far in advance as I can.

Also due to when I book I will get 21 Latitudes points which will put me far into Gold status and on the doorstop of Platinum after this cruise.