Has Carnival quit offering good solo rates?

Galleon1234

I have been checking and all the cruises appear to be double for a solo! Has something changed since last year? used to be able to cruise out of Galveston on some nice solo rates.

Thanks for any info!

That's normal. The aberration was the good solo rates.

Simple case of supply and demand. If they're selling the cruises at 200% and filling the ships, there's no reason to let them go at 100-150%.

It's a MUCH stronger year for the cruise lines and it's showing in the prices. I can usually get a steal of a solo rate this time of year but nothing to be found this year. If the prices haven't dropped yet, they're not going to at least until after spring break.

Simple case of supply and demand. If they're selling the cruises at 200% and filling the ships, there's no reason to let them go at 100-150%.

It's a MUCH stronger year for the cruise lines and it's showing in the prices. I can usually get a steal of a solo rate this time of year but nothing to be found this year. If the prices haven't dropped yet, they're not going to at least until after spring break.

I wonder if it's a new trend not to offer the good solo rates. NCL is doing the same thing this year .

AHOY SHIPMATES

I OCCASIONALLY CRUISED SOLO WHEN DW WAS UNAVAILABLE AND I DIDN'T SEE A SOLO RATE SO CALLED CARNIVAL AND AFTER 3 OR 4 TRIES WAS GIVEN THE SOLO RATE. IT'S WORTH A TRY. THE LOW LEVEL 'BOOKER' WON'T DO IT BUT A SUPERVISOR CAN IF BOOKING IS SLOW

GOOD LUCK

sea YA

Yes and Princess is doing the same thing. I can not understand why they would rather allow a Travel agent to give you a better solo rate than you can get directly through them. I prefer to book directly with the cruise line. They have to pay the Travel agents a fee why would they not give it directly to their stock holding customer. As a stock holder I question the mentality of that decision. Keep your customers that like to cruise happy! I had a long discussion with Princess with a person that was pretty high up yesterday. They give the TA special promotion rates to sell out their ships. So why not offer it directly to the customer as well.

Makes no sense to me....! Princess is also a Carnival company!

Edited by shadow1234

AHOY SHIPMATES

I OCCASIONALLY CRUISED SOLO WHEN DW WAS UNAVAILABLE AND I DIDN'T SEE A SOLO RATE SO CALLED CARNIVAL AND AFTER 3 OR 4 TRIES WAS GIVEN THE SOLO RATE. IT'S WORTH A TRY. THE LOW LEVEL 'BOOKER' WON'T DO IT BUT A SUPERVISOR CAN IF BOOKING IS SLOW

GOOD LUCK

sea YA

But how long ago? We are talking about this year. What did you consider a solo rate? 50%?

A list of single occupancy offers is located on www. goccl .com

Scroll down the "featured special" list to find it.

You can book directly with cruise line or use travel agent.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy.ashx

The current list is short but I've seen it go to two pages before. They update it every couple of weeks. Scroll to lower right corner to see revision date.

Edited by jeansaussie1