Statendam Truk Stop (Chuuk Stop) cancelled

Wehwalt

Hi, I'm on the Statendam and forgive me if I'm duplicating a post elsewhere, but our call at Chuuk has been cancelled due to technical difficulties with one of the engines. So we are proceeding directly to Saipan. There is a letter which I will type in offline and then come back and cut and paste. You know the internet situation!

On board ms Statendam

October 8, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for joining us aboard ms Statendam—we are very pleased to share this voyage with you.

Unfortunately, we are having technical difficulties with one of our engines. While there is absolutely no danger to the ship or cause for alar, we will not be able to make the speed required to call at Chuuk, Micronesia on October 10. Consequently, we will need to cancel that port call and proceed directly to Saipan, Northern Mariana islands, for our scheduled port call on October 12. From there, we will proceed as scheduled to Guam, where or Technical Operations team will bring aboard spare rotor parts and a service engineer to address the issue. We anticipate that we will then continue with our published itinerary.

I deeply regret any disappointment this situation may cause and thank you for your understanding. Any applicable changes to the taxes, fees and port expenses will be posted as well.

On behalf of the officers, staff, and crew on board ms Statendam, thank you again for sailing with us. We remain at your service and will certainly provide updates as any new information becomes available.

Kind regards,

(sig)

Captain Christopher Norman

Master, ms Statendam

If I may say, no one seems particularly upset. There were no HAL tours in Chuuk and the private tour I was, no money had changed hands.

Would you please be so kind as to post and let us know about your stop in Saipan? I am heading there in a few weeks to help a client after the typhoon. After 10 weeks, there are parts of the island that still don't have power.

I think the beaches/water are some of the most picturesque so am eager for an update in advance of my trip as to how the island is rebounding after the storm.