Booking Island Princess Cabin

keyol123

Please help!!

Booking a Panama Canal Cruise for 2017( Island Princess). Was looking to book a Balcony or Mini Suite. Not sure if there are some that are better than others. Bigger balcony, less noice, no vibrations, more private.

Thanks Sara

Hi Sara

I've only done one cruise (Alaska on the Crown) so am no expert but we have a Panama Canal cruise on the Island booked for Feb 2016.

We have opted for a balcony on the Caribe deck which we understand are bigger than other balconies. And we have also gone for one near the centre of the ship as DH thinks he might suffer from seasickness. So we have marked our booking no-upgrade.

Others might be able to give more information about the most private etc but meanwhile hope that helps.

Beth

Sara,

My husband and I did a full-transit on Island Princess (Ft Lauderdale to LA) and were in C423 and had a great time. We saw a lot of wildlife from our balcony. We had friends on the Port side and they said the sun was so intense on their side they didn't get to enjoy their balcony much :(

Beth,

Have your DH take meclizine or bonine. It does wonders for my husband who is prone to motion sickness. He starts it a couple of days before we travel.

Enjoy your cruises!

If you want to avoid a potential vibration issue DO NOT book a cabin in the aft new section, but stick to the originally built portion of the ship and it should be OK. I was aboard in July in a cabin in the new aft section and had vibration issues.

Edited by hpeabody

If you want to avoid a potential vibration issue DO NOT book a cabin in the aft new section, but stick to the originally built portion of the ship and it should be OK. I was aboard in July in a cabin in the new aft section and had vibration issues.

What cabin were you in?

one of the things that you might want to think about is a deck with a covered balcony....the sun can be brutal...

We booked C709 mini suite but is the deck covered? Do you think there will be a lot of vibrations? Any advise would be helpful. Thanks

Please help!!

Booking a Panama Canal Cruise for 2017( Island Princess). Was looking to book a Balcony or Mini Suite. Not sure if there are some that are better than others. Bigger balcony, less noice, no vibrations, more private.

Thanks Sara

Cat BE on Emerald Deck aft has larger balconies that are partially covered, so you have the best of both. We loved ours, especially the day it rained and were still able to enjoy it.

Emerald also has a small deck aft that is great for unobstructed viewing and photos. Its not very well known so not as crowded as the other open air decks.

• 3 weeks later...

Do NOT book cabin C230.

We just returned and, after complaining about the rushing water and sometimes pumping noise we heard in our cabin, learned that we were hearing the galley dishwashers.

And don't be surprised if you see this same post on other Island Princess threads as I'm going to post this info wherever I can.

Please help!!

Thanks Sara

Hey Sara! Valiamo from the Oasis cruise, last Feb.. We already booked this same cruise itinerary for 2017! Maybe we will be on the same one. From what I have seen or read, the cabins at the aft of the ship are vibration prone. Below deck 14 the noise from the pool deck is minimal. I think that the balconies below 14 are covered.

Edited by Valiamo

We'll be on the Island Princess in about a month. We always book the Caribe deck due to the larger balcony. We also book closer to the aft. We never hear any engine vibration. This will be our second time on the Island Princess, but the first time since dry dock. We're booked on the port side. Never stayed in a mini suite, have seen them and wasn't that impressed enough to upgrade or book one.

Edited by elliair

Which would be a better choice for a full canal transit A726 or C701?

Depends on which way you are going.

If westbound (and remember that canal actually goes west to east in that direction) I would take a port side cabin to be out of the sun.

On the other hand, during our full canal transit, I was hardly in my cabin. I was up on deck 15 (Coral Princess), right up front. Or on the Promenade deck for a more up close and personal view.