Price Drop after I paid in full, Question?

dptt

We decided that paying $500 more and losing OBC was not worth doing. She suggested that we asked to be put on the upgrade list when we check in at the port. That way, we may get an upgrade without losing anything.

Has anyone been upgraded this way? I am happy with our cabin, so I'm fine with not getting an upgrade. I just hate knowing that I didn't get a good deal:D

First of all, it is common that promotions attached to your booking are lost when switching to a newer promotion.

Second, Princess does not do upgrades at check-in and there will be signs at the Purser's Desk on board indicating the ship is fully booked.

Some people have found out at check-in that they had been upgraded, but it happened between the time they last checked online and when they reached check-in. It did not occur at check-in.

So the best your TA can do for you is set up your booking to say you are willing to accept any upgrade or willing to accept an upgrade only to the next type of cabin. Then you have to hope the Upgrade Fairy visits you before you reach the port.

I'll just stay where I am. They 'upgraded' our cabin shortly after we booked. Apparently the location I like is not desirable (Lido forward) and we were upgraded several categories to a room in the center of the ship on Baja. I called the TA and had that undone. I don't want to risk another random upgrade that is not an upgrade to me.

We are booked to leave in 10 days, and about 2 weeks ago the price dropped. Called our big box travel agent and Princess offered us to upgrade from a guarantee balcony to obstructed view deluxe balcony or $150 OBC. The $150 OBC was more than the price drop. We took the OBC. Still waiting for our cabin assignment. TA said that Princess is one of the few cruise lines that will make this adjustment after final payment. Its listed in cruise personalized as "good will credit."

what is a Princess TA (CVP)?

Cruise Vacation Planner. I have one that I have used for the last few cruises. I like it because I still have direct control over my booking and can speak directly with anyone agent at Princess.

I check every Wednesday on the Princess site and call my cvp about once a week to see what he has as promotions.

Today I saved myself over $450 and only lost $25pp in OBC. So instead of having $300 OBC I am getting $250 for two of us. But I have two cabins booked, one for my son and his wife. They were cut $25.00 as well, so we gave up 100 to get 450 back. Btw they are in an inside cabin. They said I could put it back on my card or get OBC and get what I did not use at the end of the cruise. I had it put back on my card.

I had paid in full but final payment is not due until November 30. This is the second time this has happened. So, that is my experience.