Afternoon Tea

dbird

I agree that Celebrity does a better tea, but they charge $25 per person for it. We were very happy with the Princess experience that was included in the cruise fare. It was definitely more basic--a single type of tea, service not so classy. But in reality it is all about the scones and clotted cream and the relaxation time.

I agree that Celebrity does a better tea' date=' but they charge $25 per person for it. We were very happy with the Princess experience that was included in the cruise fare. It was definitely more basic--a single type of tea, service not so classy. But in reality it is all about the scones and clotted cream and the relaxation time.[/quote']

Sadly, Celebrity doesn't have a free tea time. Like you said, you have to pay $25 or just grab a few pastries/scones/tea in the buffet. That's not real afternoon tea. :(

I like the fact that Princess has tea time everyday, but what you really get are biscuits (instead of scones), whipped cream (instead of clotted cream) and jam (instead of preserves). Too bad they can't be more authentic.

Sadly, Celebrity doesn't have a free tea time. Like you said, you have to pay $25 or just grab a few pastries/scones/tea in the buffet. That's not real afternoon tea. :(

I like the fact that Princess has tea time everyday, but what you really get are biscuits (instead of scones), whipped cream (instead of clotted cream) and jam (instead of preserves). Too bad they can't be more authentic.

Will just be content with Princess tea:)

My wife and I did the 'Royal Princess' afternoon tea which had a 15 dollar surcharge, 3 courses of tea with a bevy of sandwiches and sweet treats. I like the MDR one just fine but this the fancy one was definitely better and the staff explained each tea and how it compliments the food selection. Be aware that this is different than the one offered in the MDR, and is worth the charge.

If you are hanging in the Sanctuary, they do tea time there too (no extra charge). They bring around a trolley and/or some trays of food and teas to choose from. It's nice, you don't have to get dressed for the dining room or sit with strangers if you don't want to.