Weather expectations Western Caribbean

I have a cruise planned on the Dream over the Thanksgiving holiday. I am curious to know what the whether is typically like in that area in late November. I have looked at all the weather sites for the "typical" weather at that time, but I was curious to hear from an actual human that has experienced it. (yes, i know you can't predict the weather and there are all sorts of things that can happen whether they are supposed to or not) I am curious about the temperature "swing" from day to night and if the movement of the ship makes it feel that much cooler that late in the year. I have also heard numerous complaints about the temperature of the staterooms on the Dream at various times of year (I have also heard from about the same number of people that the temperature was perfectly fine in their staterooms not sure if that is in relation to location or preference or what) I would like to hear input from someone that has gone that late in the season.

This post was way longer than I had planned, but ANY input, for or against, positive or negative, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wind certainly can make you feel cooler...so you should bring something lightweight..a sweater or light jacket, if you're prone to chilliness! We went to Hawaii in late April, and because of the trade winds, I nearly froze the entire time! Wind makes me cold, unless it's 90 degrees!!! That said, unless you're standing AT the railing, the wind isn't so noticeable!

The cabins have a temp. control...so you can turn it up and down to suit you.

Edited by cb at sea

I would definitely pack warm in case of an unexpected cold snap. We didn't pack enough for a December 6 cruise and Florida hit below freezing. We each had one pair of pants on board. We froze and we spent money we didn't plan on to get hoodies.

Now I bring 2 sets of warmer clothes, just in case, so we can still be on deck at night.

Just speaking from my experience as a life long Florida native. November can be a toss up. You could expect very warm sunny days in the 80's or very cool rainy ones in the 50's to 40's. More often than not you'll get the warm sunny ones. Having said that our weather is very predictable a long way out so I would suggest keeping an eye on the forecasts and packing a jacket just in case. If you do get a cool snap it will be very short lived and the temps will bounce back up in a day or two.

I would definitely pack warm in case of an unexpected cold snap. We didn't pack enough for a December 6 cruise and Florida hit below freezing. We each had one pair of pants on board. We froze and we spent money we didn't plan on to get hoodies.

Now I bring 2 sets of warmer clothes, just in case, so we can still be on deck at night.

That happened to us. Arriving in Miami was about the same as when we left freezing London. Only happened once though in 12 years. It was funny, the first port was Key West and everyone was in the shops buying hoodies. Hundreds were walking around in the same design:D

The Bahamas can get a cool breeze too. Never felt cold once in the Carribean although it can rain a lot.