transfer to LAX post Ruby Princess Mexican Riviera

iluvsunandsand

hi everyone,

I have planned my parents cruise to the Mexican Riviera on the Ruby Princess.

The last thing I have to do is book a shuttle/transportation from the port in San Pedro back to LAX after the cruise.

Any suggestions? or should I just tell my parents to take a cab? thank you

Edited by iluvsunandsand

hi everyone,

I have planned my parents cruise to the Mexican Riviera on the Ruby Princess.

The last thing I have to do is book a shuttle/transportation from the port in San Pedro back to LAX after the cruise.

Any suggestions? or should I just tell my parents to take a cab? thank you

We like http://www.execucarexpress.com/, it's a little cheaper than a towncar and not much more than the Princess transfers. They will meet you at the ship at whatever time you set up, we usually do 09:30 ish.

A cab would be pretty expensive. Heavy traffic, which we always have, could really make that soar. Better to book a shuttle with a fixed price or even a Princess transfer depending on when their flight is.

Edited by CruisingJs

Don't do a cab as you'll be charged by the minute and LA traffic can be horrendous. I'd book SuperShuttle. If you want, you can book a van for you and your parents and still save money over the Princess transfer. One thing to note about the Princess buses is that they can't stop at the terminals the way vans can. They have to stop at bus areas which are between terminals so once you get your bag(s), you have to schlep back to the terminal. Not easy if someone is older as there are no porters or help there.

FYI, this is a screenshot of LA traffic at 9:15am. The 405 is red which means it's a parking lot and even the HOV lane will be stopped.

b2a97cac4398de6c5f2d6e62be05371a.jpg

I agree with Pam: SuperShuttle is your best bet; it is less expensive than the Princess shuttle and will get you there quicker and drop you at a better location. And you can reserve and pay online before you go--one less thing to have to think about on what is always a very busy day.

You don't have to rake a shuttle or a taxi, you can always book a private vehicle that will pick you up when you want and it's just the two of you in the vehicle. Personally I don't think the extra cost for a town car is that much more money. But everyone is different.:)