How am I Star Mariner already?

MisterFidgetpants

I have not yet cruised on HAL but continually research their offerings. I have cruised on Carnival and have a VIFP number. For whatever reason I selected the Mariner Number lookup on HAL's page, input my information, and sure enough a Mariner number came up. (Different number than my VIFP number with Carnival). Is this linked through Carnival? Would I board my first cruise as a Star Mariner, or would I have to complete the first cruise? Finally, I see one of the benefits is a mailed HAL magazine - how do I input my address to receive that?

This would be a great benefit as one of the perks is 50% off on 3rd guest which would be hugely beneficial for us.

You are a Star Mariner because of your Carnival cruise.

You will be entitled to any Mariner activities on board and any Mariner discount.

You will not get credit for the Carnival days on your HAL account.

If you have sailed on a Carnival Corporation Line, you are a one-star HAL Mariner. You are entitled to attend the Mariner Embarkation Day Lunch (if it happens) as well as attend the Mariner Society Luncheon later in the cruise.

Edited by Crew News

I have not yet cruised on HAL but continually research their offerings. I have cruised on Carnival and have a VIFP number. For whatever reason I selected the Mariner Number lookup on HAL's page, input my information, and sure enough a Mariner number came up. (Different number than my VIFP number with Carnival). Is this linked through Carnival? Would I board my first cruise as a Star Mariner, or would I have to complete the first cruise? Finally, I see one of the benefits is a mailed HAL magazine - how do I input my address to receive that?

This would be a great benefit as one of the perks is 50% off on 3rd guest which would be hugely beneficial for us.

If you have cruised on any of the Carnival owned lines, you are automatically a one star mariner with HAL.

I suggest you call HAL headquarters to ask how you can take advantage of being a star mariner.

Scott & Karen

Thanks all. I created an account on their website and see some funky info on my status screen; it says need to sail 1 day to reach next level.

Then I tried to do a mock booking with the mariner number and got an error saying "we can see your information in the system but it does not match".

I selected to do the mock booking without the mariner number (I could just calculate the 3rd person at 50% off). When I logged OUT of the site the advertised price of 399 for an interior shot up to 599. :confused: And this is a nationally advertised price at 399, so not sure what happened.

Give up for today. I will reach out to HAL and I am sure they will get it squared away.

On Embarkation day, anyone can have lunch in the dining room -- rules have recently changed. It is not just restricted to Mariners.

There has also been talk that the Mariner's brunch later in the cruise may be discontinued.

Noticed you mentioned about doing a dummy booking. It may not be working due to a couple of reasons. One -- you have yet to take a cruise on HAL therefore your Mariner number is not activated. OR -- as some of us have discovered IE doesn't always work for HAL's site. Some of us use either Chrome or Firefox.

I don't mean to change the direction of the post. Does anyone know if the Mariner Society-equivalent for other Carnival-owned lines recognizes a first cruise with them like HAL does? We were invited to the Mariner luncheon ***** our first HAL cruise because DW had done a Carnival cruise years ago. The reason I ask is that we are looking at Cunard because of a specific itinerary.