Zipline harness

Janespup

One member of our party (physically fit, 60's) has an artificaial hip. She wants to do the zipline on Oasis in the Spring but is concerned that the harness may be too constrictive around the hips. She will not go parasailing because of the sling type seat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Usually a zipline harness will be similar to a parasailing harness but there are many different kinds. Some are more like a chair with straps. I assumed OP was asking more about comfort than medical advice. Their doctor will have no more idea about harnesses than the kid next door unless they have personally experienced ziplining---on that ship. They are also most likely to say no simply for liability reasons.

Best to ask here for similar experiences, knowing that seeing it first hand will be the deciding factor.

I hope she can do it as I am a 67 year old female who ziplined in Dominica last winter. It included a Tarzan rope swing involving grabbing onto a cargo net and climbing to the top. No, I don't have an artificial hip--just a sense of adventure and refusal to be old.

My wife broke her leg on the Inaugural sailing of the Oasis. Combination of many things going wrong. The good thing that came out of it was we were able to speak with the Risk Management Dept of RCL and they took our recommendations seriously and implemented many changes. :)