UBp tip is included?

Kaboochi

nCL told me d there not 18% tip charge for beverages..Am I right? Also for the Upssclae dining package there is not a fee tacked on for the dining charge. Do I have this right? Would like to hear from cruisers that had these perk packages. Any definite answer would be so appreciated.

Edited by Kaboochi

Just be aware of the somewhat clumsy way NCL handles drinks purchased on board with the UBP. You will get a check that you have to sign showing the price of the drink and the 18% gratuity. Usually they hand write "UBP" on the top of the ticket. However, the drink cost and gratuity are not actually posted to your on board account so they don't appear on your bill.

The UDP is handled differently. The cost of the meal is added and subtracted right on the check, so you end up signing a ticket that nets out to $0.

When I booked with the UBP perk yesterday, they added 18% of the cost of the UBP to my fair so the tips are paid upfront. For a 7 day cruise this was $80.64 per person. So $10 and change a day charged upfront with your cruise fee and port taxes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nCL told me d there not 18% tip charge for beverages..Am I right? Also for the Upssclae dining package there is not a fee tacked on for the dining charge. Do I have this right? Would like to hear from cruisers that had these perk packages. Any definite answer would be so appreciated.

With the current promotion full suites and Haven suites get all the promotional options, and they don't get charged the 18% fee on the dining or beverage package.

The bottom line is really simple:

Regardless of what cabin you're in, or what month you acquired the UBP as a promotion, once you have the UBP sticker on your card, you will never see any gratuities on your account after purchasing an eligible drink UNLESS YOU DECIDE TO ADD MORE TO THE RECEIPT YOURSELF.

Whether you paid for the gratuities upfront or not is not relevant... you will not be charged any gratuities on drinks once you are on board the ship.

The bottom line is really simple:

Regardless of what cabin you're in, or what month you acquired the UBP as a promotion, once you have the UBP sticker on your card, you will never see any gratuities on your account after purchasing an eligible drink UNLESS YOU DECIDE TO ADD MORE TO THE RECEIPT YOURSELF.

Whether you paid for the gratuities upfront or not is not relevant... you will not be charged any gratuities on drinks once you are on board the ship.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, that wasn't the case for us. We booked in August, just got off Breakaway last week. We didn't pay tips upfront. Didn't ADD anything to the receipt but the tip was on there and they all showed up at the end.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, that wasn't the case for us. We booked in August, just got off Breakaway last week. We didn't pay tips upfront. Didn't ADD anything to the receipt but the tip was on there and they all showed up at the end.

If you booked in August, then you paid the 18 percent gratuity on the UBP upfront as part of your total cruise price. You would have been charged 18 percent of the total cost of the UBP or roughly 80 dollars per person times 2. or about 160 dollars. They do not charge you 18 percent gratuity by the drink... In NYC (and possibly elsewhere you went), any drinks you bought while in port or close to shore would have added city tax on to it, so maybe that is what you saw.