Just off the Liberty - Any Questions?

rflan22

Not sure if this picture of the letter pax received will be large enough to read.

Last week Liberty stayed in St Thomas until 10pm so they could do maintenance.

From Facebook someone said it was thruster related,but I really can't verify that.

We were on that cruise and actually loved that we were supposed to stay in port until 10. It gave us more time to hop over to St. John's and come back later than we originally planned. It allowed us to take the 3:45 ferry directly into Charlotte Amalie and stroll back to the ship instead of taking another taxi from Red Hook. We ended up departing from St. Thomas around 12:30AM that night. No word what the repair was, but our cruise wasn't affected at all...

I never understood how so many sheeple love just seeing a line and jumping in it. It doesn't matter if they want 1 cookie off the dessert table they will get in line up before the salad bar and forks....then when someone else happens to be smarter and just approaches for the 1 or 2 items they want they throw a tantrum. Martyrdom must be fun for some, especially when your on vacation.

Did you ever notice those big long gaps in lines of people who just stand there aimlessly not knowing what they want or what to take? Well that's not me, I get in and get out and I don't want to have to wait for you to decide. Its not my fault you like to stand and read signs for 30 minutesdeciding if you want the mash potatoes or the carrots.

You should try it when getting meat and a family with kids pushes in:rolleyes: also at Guys if quite a few keep walking to the front just for Fries then they keep running out so the wait gets l o n g e r:D

Though I'm sure Guys fries are no different then any other Fry station on the ship.

Did you ever notice those big long gaps in lines of people who just stand there aimlessly not knowing what they want or what to take? Well that's not me, I get in and get out and I don't want to have to wait for you to decide. Its not my fault you like to stand and read signs for 30 minutesdeciding if you want the mash potatoes or the carrots.

OMG.... I totally agree! So annoying.

• 1 month later...

I work in the hospitality business and I have to tell you that while this line-cutting problem might be very annoying this also has to do with the crew's inability (or lack of training) to handle guests properly. If anyone has noticed, a LOT of crew members actually have two and three different jobs on the ship. And you have to have the right people for the right job. A cook cooks! A server takes care of guests. Take a cook out of their zone and make them serve guests, service will suffer. Make the server cook and good luck with your food. To train staff for this situations is resource and time consuming and achieves nothing if not properly done.

My point is: People constantly test the boundaries of what can and can't be done when trying to get an advantage. Some are more considerate than others but in the end, if someone cuts in line and the server can't politely tell that person "Sir, I am sorry but you have to get in line as everyone else, even if you just want fries and I will be happy to get them for you" then people are going to keep doing it. I assure you a few line cutters get this same response at EVERY line they try to cut and they will stop doing it. If Carnival (or any other cruise line or place) can adopt this as part of their service CULTURE, line cutting and most problems at food and/or service stations will be minimized. If Carnival doesn't step in, the will continue to have this problem.

What stateroom were you in on deck 2? I'm going to be in an oceanview on the Liberty in March.

If i remember correctly we were in 2289. Right under the lobby. Was great location, not loud at all. Was a quite a distance to the Lido Buffet but we diddnt mind. Had no issues getting the glass elevators up through the lobby. Enjoyed the quick little walk across the deck from the elevators to the Lido buffet in the mornings.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if the menu has changed over the last 6 months? I have looked over Buffettfan 225 posting that shows the menues from his cruise in the middle of 2015 and I'd like to know if it has changed? I'm cruising on the Liberty soon.

Thanks for all the great info on the Liberty. We've sailed with CCL before but never on the Liberty. My daughter and I will be sailing out of Galveston in April 2016 on the Liberty. Smooth Sailing to all.

Great info and sailing on Liberty in April as well. I have collected as much info I can find about the Liberty on the internet and have it on a Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/jeffstrater/carnival-liberty/

Just back from an AMAZING Southern Caribbean Cruise on the lovely Liberty out of San Juan 10/4 - 10/11/15.

Any questions about the Liberty, the Ports or anything else? May post a review later on. I have A LOT of pictures. It was the PERFECT trip!

We are sailing on the Liberty in April. My question is about the Flowers Lobby and Bar. I found out our rooms are directly underneath this area. Can you tell me if this is open all night, and if there is music, is it loud or more toned down? From a picture I see, I noticed a piano and a small bandstand. I was wondering if we will be hearing a lot of noise from there?

Hello,

I was in cabin 6237 right above the lobby and the bingo room and the Venetian Palace. The live singer in the lobby plays from 5:30 until 11:45pm and it's pretty loud. The bingo or maybe the art auction not sure but she was really loud too.

The noise just beams straight up from the lobby. But I always take ear plugs with me.

Does anyone know if there are mini-fridges in all cabins or only Balcony and above categories for revamped Carnival Liberty? Thanks!

Had an oceanview room on deck 2 and had a mini-fridge. I wouldnt say it kept things cold, but it prevented things from getting warm - LOL.

Hello,

I was in cabin 6237 right above the lobby and the bingo room and the Venetian Palace. The live singer in the lobby plays from 5:30 until 11:45pm and it's pretty loud. The bingo or maybe the art auction not sure but she was really loud too.

The noise just beams straight up from the lobby. But I always take ear plugs with me.

Thank you for the information.. Earplugs it is for us.

• 2 weeks later...