The NCL Executive Office Called Me Today...

HuddysDad

Still sad we won't have spa thermal suite and I pity the person who tries to cut me off on the way to the vibe pass line but it is our anniversary and our son's birthday that week so we are going come hell or high water. Tried to get Haven at a better deal today but that wasn't happening... Thanks to all for sympathy and suggestions :)

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Still sad we won't have spa thermal suite and I pity the person who tries to cut me off on the way to the vibe pass line but it is our anniversary and our son's birthday that week so we are going come hell or high water. Tried to get Haven at a better deal today but that wasn't happening... Thanks to all for sympathy and suggestions :)

Just curious if you asked if they could either throw in the Vibe passes or at the very least reserve them for you? I realize that is not normal operating procedure but given the circumstances of the spa being cancelled perhaps they could bend a little on this one.

Rochelle

I did ask and they said no way to hold them for us first come first served. Also asked for access to Haven courtyard and was told no not without a Haven room. And unwilling or unable to budge on price of Haven upgrade.

I did ask and they said no way to hold them for us first come first served. Also asked for access to Haven courtyard and was told no not without a Haven room. And unwilling or unable to budge on price of Haven upgrade.

That really stinks. I am glad they gave you some money back and OBC.

They really should have given you a haven pass.

NCL has no indoor pools for adults its a joke! Ships leaving from NY in the winter should have an indoor pool

just like hotels and other ships like RCCL and others.

Customers have been complaining for years that the outdoor pools are too small on the ships. They have not fixed that problem.

NCL only has this at a very high price of the Haven or spa, and now your week with the spa out of order UGH. Not that you could even swim in the haven pool it's also way too small.

I hope you have an amazing cruise.

They really should have given you a haven pass.

Ask the guests who are actually booked in the Haven how they feel about this…

It looks like there are still 14 H9s available for booking on this sailing :eek:, so the price could still come down. But since the OP's family has accepted the refund/OBC offer, I don't know how much bargaining power they have left to negotiate a Haven upgrade.

Wow, it must be a last minute thing - I don't think they would plan to shut down the spa when there are going to be so many kids onboard! That place was our sanctuary two years ago sailing that week.

What is going on this cruise that there are going to be so many kids on the ship?

Is it fall break or something?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congrats OP for getting compensated to something you can live with.:)

Bill

What is going on this cruise that there are going to be so many kids on the ship?

Is it fall break or something?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congrats OP for getting compensated to something you can live with.:)

Bill

Teachers conventions in the north east.

Other then doing a mock booking, is there a way to know how many cabins are available on a ship? Is there somewhere you can see the change of price of cabins, other then checking on the ncl website every once in awhile? Is there a certain website you go to? Thanks.

There are price tracking websites that show daily changes in price for each sailing and category as well as some travel agent sites that show the actual availability of rooms per category. but if we post them here the threads automatically get deleted. But they do exist and if you are proficient with google you will locate them

Teachers conventions in the north east.

It's actually just NJ state teachers convention and the kids are only off on Thursday and Friday. I don't think you'll see the same amount of kids on board as say a holiday week or summer. We're in NJ and I wouldn't pull my kids out for the whole week but I guess some would.

It's actually just NJ state teachers convention and the kids are only off on Thursday and Friday. I don't think you'll see the same amount of kids on board as say a holiday week or summer. We're in NJ and I wouldn't pull my kids out for the whole week but I guess some would.

Incorrect, most schools are closed for election (at least they are here) day, as the schools are used as voting stations.

Incorrect, most schools are closed for election (at least they are here) day, as the schools are used as voting stations.

My point was to make the correction between "northeast teachers convention" and the fact that it's just NJ. That's a big difference in the amount of kids out of school. Each school district has their own calendar but the NJ Teachers Convention is always the first Thursday and Friday in the month of November. Our district only gives those two days off that week.

This would be a major letdown to start a cruise especially if I was booked in a spa cabin. However NCL offering $500 is very reasonable because a spa pass costs $200 per person. But don't let it ruin your cruise. The spa on BA/GA is very nice but a big step down from Epic. No outside space, no picture window ocean views from the saunas, and a much smaller overall space.

I am curious why the entire spa is shut down. If it was for maintenance I could see the pool or sauna being closed. But the entire space? That is just circumstantial evidence of some sort of bacteria, fungus or something that they need to sanitize the entire area.

Have a great cruise and keep us posted. There are enough things to do to occupy your time.

This would be a major letdown to start a cruise especially if I was booked in a spa cabin. However NCL offering $500 is very reasonable because a spa pass costs $200 per person. But don't let it ruin your cruise. The spa on BA/GA is very nice but a big step down from Epic. No outside space, no picture window ocean views from the saunas, and a much smaller overall space.

I am curious why the entire spa is shut down. If it was for maintenance I could see the pool or sauna being closed. But the entire space? That is just circumstantial evidence of some sort of bacteria, fungus or something that they need to sanitize the entire area.

Have a great cruise and keep us posted. There are enough things to do to occupy your time.

I have to agree with you, The spa on the Epic is amazing! and I got a sinus infection twice after going to the BA spa.

The 7-day spa pass is worth $199 per person, so assuming the OP booked for two people, $500 OBC is very generous compensation for losing the spa. If they paid much more than that compared to a regular mini-suite, then that was a foolish purchase. Asking for $1000 is just greedy.

I agree.

I would think that the cost of the spa balcony/mini suite cabin minus the cost of the highest cabin in balcony/minisuite category would be the fair amount.

I tried for a Haven suite to make up for what is happening, but they wanted $1500.00. Not doable right now. Needless to say, this is our 5th and last NCL cruise. Just poor management as of late.

Just because you didn't get the amount the other posters asked you to bargain with, you are making a decision of this being your last crusie with NCL? Not wise in my opinion, but its your decision!

Just because you didn't get the amount the other posters asked you to bargain with, you are making a decision of this being your last crusie with NCL? Not wise in my opinion, but its your decision!

Glad you got your opinion in. Enjoy the weekend!