NCL Star Propulsion Problems

Ron_L

Since we are supposed to be driving to Tampa early tomorrow AM I am trying not to think about it and hoping they will let us know something by the time we need to leave.

Is the Star finishing a Transatlantic this trip? I saw she was scheduled to stop in Miami then Tampa

I feel for the passengers that will have to just sit in port till Tomorrow morning.

They cancelled Miami due to the problem. Go ahead as planned. I am confident that NCL will take care of you if they must delay boarding.

We are sailing on the Star Monday. Have not packed as yet, beginning to wonder will it be a waste. Got a bad feeling about this problem. Can't imagine if it needs to be dry docked to fix they can do it and be ready for our sailing Monday.But I have no clue how that all works.

I was wondering why it was coming into Tampa. I hope the pilot is on the boat. It looked like it was heading to the wrong spot in Tampa Bay. It looks like it has turned and is heading toward the channel now. I hope they can get her fixed, and back out to sea soon.

Tug could be a precaution, or it could be the harbor pilot's ride (if one needed), or it could be to assist with docking since there is a propulsion problem since they need the azipods to be able to rotate to maneuver tightly.

I really wouldn't get worked up unless you see the ship tip over.

EDIT: saw PropulsionGuru's post after I posted. Precaution it is then.

Edited by gpb11

FWIW, Norwegian PR rep says they're anticipating a normal embarkation on the 19th. We'll check back with her tomorrow/Monday, and let you know if that outlook changes.

Thank you so much for the update. Needless to say, we are freakin out a bit.:eek:

She just moved over to terminal 3 on her own power....so ship is maneuvering ok it appears. They are currently booming the entire ship. Port crew is telling me that the ship is leaking hydraulic fluid from one of the propulsion units.

Oh My!! is that a quick easy fix???