MITSUGIRLY BREAKAWAY's 1 last time for the year-review/pictorial

mitsugirly

Sounds like we have the same taste in food and wine! Here are a few from the menu that you should try: Gewurztraminer. If you want to try a wine you might like, here on land, look for Fetzer Gewurztraminer, I hated wine until I tried this one!!! Awesome review BTW :D

I always take the same picture of the hubby on every cruise when we go out to dinner. This time would be the same.

PA090247%20copy-L.jpg

Our "yummy" wine. Yes, I did drink about 2 glasses of it. I suffered, but I did it. Notice in the picture above I have a glass of diet pop next to it as well. Take a sip, wash with pop. I'm good.

PA090249%20copy-L.jpg

Our pizza came out and I think we had about 2 slices each.

PA090250%20copy-L.jpg

It was good and we knew we needed to feed Sakari, so we ask if we could take the rest back with us. They gave us something to put it in and then he proceeded to ask if I wanted dessert. Although I was STUFFED, I noticed cheesecake. I will NEVER pass up cheesecake. So that's what I ordered.

PA090251%20copy-L.jpg

I could have done without all the fancy stuff on it. I don't like chocolate, so I didn't eat that and the fancy swirls of strawberry sauce I did my best to scrape off.

We headed back to the kids club, picked up Sakari and let her eat the rest of our pizza. She loved it and ate every last bite. Then back to the kids club she went so that we could go to the 80's party. She was reluctant to go tonight (notice a pattern every time there's a party going on?) She came up with the excuse that she wanted to draw instead. We convinced her that she could take her tablet with her and sit off in the corner and draw and I'm sure the counselors wouldn't mind. We confirmed once we got there and they said she could so all was good and off she went.

Edited by az-cruiser

Sounds like we have the same taste in food and wine! Here are a few from the menu that you should try: Gewurztraminer. If you want to try a wine you might like, here on land, look for Fetzer Gewurztraminer, I hated wine until I tried this one!!! Awesome review BTW :D

Does it have more of a sweeter taste? Maybe a fruity taste? Anything at all that will not have a hint of bitter "beer" taste. LOL :p

Yes it does! I figured out, after a couple sips, it goes down easy peasy! lol! :p

Does it have more of a sweeter taste? Maybe a fruity taste? Anything at all that will not have a hint of bitter "beer" taste. LOL :p

I can second the Fetzer Gewurztraminer! This is the one wine I consistently purchase, especially when I'm going to be sharing with my sister and/or niece who both prefer a sweeter wine. In fact, there's a bottle chilling in my fridge as I type this. LOL

Do get the Fetzer though; I've tried other Gewurztraminers and they were not as good. Also, I tried the Fetzer Pinot Grigio and didn't care for it (Pinot being my usual wine choice when it's just me - and I don't have to save wine for someone else - LOL).

See Kim, we'll make a wine drinker out of you eventually! :D

Lisa

Hi Mitsugirly! Another fan of your reviews here. I wanted to give you another wine suggestion. We are new to wine so we still prefer sweet over dry and you HAVE to try San Antonio Winery Cardinale Sweet Red or Semi Sweet. One of our friends describes it tasting like grape jelly! It's not cloyingly sweet - just perfect!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_1M73SUTxUU6yO2_uQ7uzUm4caFa_NBaenCFlb0Y_0eANKeVpdQ

Yes it does! I figured out, after a couple sips, it goes down easy peasy! lol! :p

I can second the Fetzer Gewurztraminer! This is the one wine I consistently purchase' date=' especially when I'm going to be sharing with my sister and/or niece who both prefer a sweeter wine. In fact, there's a bottle chilling in my fridge as I type this. LOL

Do get the Fetzer though; I've tried other Gewurztraminers and they were not as good. Also, I tried the Fetzer Pinot Grigio and didn't care for it (Pinot being my usual wine choice when it's just me - and I don't have to save wine for someone else - LOL).

See Kim, we'll make a wine drinker out of you eventually! :D

Lisa[/quote']

Ok, I have to ask is this a red or white wine? I was trying to google pictures (because quite honestly, I have found that I just do not enjoy red wines at all) and I found both colors when I typed the words "Fetzer Gewurztraminer"

I also found this interesting:

Consumer Target

• Female 57%, Male 43%
  • Ages 35-54
  • Average HHI $79K
  • Married with college degree
  • Eye towards the environment
  • Actively enjoy the outdoors
  • Willing to spend on quality products
  • Social, enjoy entertaining
  • Expresses individuality/creativity

LOL :D

Hi Mitsugirly! Another fan of your reviews here. I wanted to give you another wine suggestion. We are new to wine so we still prefer sweet over dry and you HAVE to try San Antonio Winery Cardinale Sweet Red or Semi Sweet. One of our friends describes it tasting like grape jelly! It's not cloyingly sweet - just perfect!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_1M73SUTxUU6yO2_uQ7uzUm4caFa_NBaenCFlb0Y_0eANKeVpdQ

Honestly the "red" is already turning me off. I find that I can even stomach any of the red wines. The darker they are, the more bitter I find them. :(

Ok, I have to ask is this a red or white wine? I was trying to google pictures (because quite honestly, I have found that I just do not enjoy red wines at all) and I found both colors when I typed the words "Fetzer Gewurztraminer"

I also found this interesting:

Consumer Target

• Female 57%, Male 43%
  • Ages 35-54
  • Average HHI $79K
  • Married with college degree
  • Eye towards the environment
  • Actively enjoy the outdoors
  • Willing to spend on quality products
  • Social, enjoy entertaining
  • Expresses individuality/creativity

LOL :D

It is a white wine. Red wine usually gives me a pretty instant headache! :o

Honestly the "red" is already turning me off. I find that I can even stomach any of the red wines. The darker they are, the more bitter I find them. :(

I swear to you that this wine is very SWEET, no bitterness at all! If I could ship you a bottle to try I would. (Maybe FedEx allows it?)

I know how you feel about the headache. I keep trying to like Wine but I just don't / can't except for Sangria. I think its the tanins that do something on my taste buds. It's all good though - I love me some Bushwackers, or Miami Vices or Pina Coladas, or..... LOL just about any mixed drink!

It is a white wine. Red wine usually gives me a pretty instant headache! :o

Ok' date=' thanks

I swear to you that this wine is very SWEET, no bitterness at all! If I could ship you a bottle to try I would. (Maybe FedEx allows it?)

I will write it down.

Actually I'm going to put both of these in my "notes" on my phone. That way when I'm at the grocery store, I'll have it with me and can't use the excuse that I forgot. :D

And I suppose if that isn't enough to convince you, I will just have to hope to someday be on the same cruise as you and have a bottle of this wine with me and share a glass with you :)

Well I see you seem to like the Epic a lot...I'll be on her Nov 12th. :D

I know how you feel about the headache. I keep trying to like Wine but I just don't / can't except for Sangria. I think its the tanins that do something on my taste buds. It's all good though - I love me some Bushwackers, or Miami Vices or Pina Coladas, or..... LOL just about any mixed drink!

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT...I'll drink Bushwackers, Miami Vice, Toasted Almond and Dirty Monkeys all day with no problem. :D

Ok, thanks

I will write it down.

Actually I'm going to put both of these in my "notes" on my phone. That way when I'm at the grocery store, I'll have it with me and can't use the excuse that I forgot. :D

Be sure to let us know what you think. I really hope you like them! :)

Lisa

• 2 months later...

Well it took me on and off, all weekend to read all 40 pages of this review !

I started the review to see if there was anything I could learn about the BREAKAWAY, as we are sailing on her in November......but little did I know, I 'd get hooked reading about Bermuda and admiring your photos.

Two things came out of this review for me......I am definitely doing this Bermuda cruise over the next year or so and I am definitely getting that type camera before my next vacation. Your photos are so sharp and vibrant ! I especially loved the beach and rock pics.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this very detailed review. I really enjoyed it.....Lynn

Edited by balcap

Well it took me on and off, all weekend to read all 40 pages of this review !

I started the review to see if there was anything I could learn about the BREAKAWAY, as we are sailing on her in November......but little did I know, I 'd get hooked reading about Bermuda and admiring your photos.

Two things came out of this review for me......I am definitely doing this Bermuda cruise over the next year or so and I am definitely getting that type camera before my next vacation. Your photos are so sharp and vibrant ! I especially loved the beach and rock pics.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this very detailed review. I really enjoyed it.....Lynn

Aww thanks so much for the comments and glad you enjoyed the review. Definitely experience Bermuda. It's awesome.

I'm currently on a cruise right now and will have a new review soon of the southern Caribbean.

• 7 months later...

Thanks Kim for a great review. I just love reading your blogs. You have a beautiful family. I started out with your San Juan Review and totally loved that now reading all your other reviews. I didn't want to seem like a lurker so I just wanted to say Hi and can't wait for another of your Mitsugirly Adventures. Take Care and Happy Travels.

Thanks Kim for a great review. I just love reading your blogs. You have a beautiful family. I started out with your San Juan Review and totally loved that now reading all your other reviews. I didn't want to seem like a lurker so I just wanted to say Hi and can't wait for another of your Mitsugirly Adventures. Take Care and Happy Travels.

Why thank you so much for your comments. I'm glad you liked the review. If you are reading the others, you better hunker down because they are all pretty long (except for the very first few that I did years ago).

We are 1 month away from our next cruise...so more to come still! :')

Long time reader (stalker?), first time poster (I think?). I have long enjoyed reading your reviews and feel like we are old friends already! (You must get that a lot!)

When is your next cruise? Which ship? I'm looking for an April/May cruise and would love to meet you and your family in person (like meeting celebrities!).

Please keep up the great reviews. I'm in awe of your organization and commitment!

~ Nancy :)

Long time reader (stalker?), first time poster (I think?). I have long enjoyed reading your reviews and feel like we are old friends already! (You must get that a lot!)

When is your next cruise? Which ship? I'm looking for an April/May cruise and would love to meet you and your family in person (like meeting celebrities!).

Please keep up the great reviews. I'm in awe of your organization and commitment!

Hiya friend! :D

Glad you enjoy the reviews.

Our next cruise is coming up...April 15th. :) This is Sakari's spring break time this year (a lot later than normal) and it's also her birthday. She's going to be so excited (we have not told her yet). :p

Bummer, I can't join you on that one as I have a work commitment, though I would love to as it's my birthday week too!

I hope you have a blast and that Sakari is thrilled!

Are you doing a new ship (for you)? I can hardly wait for your new review!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bummer, I can't join you on that one as I have a work commitment, though I would love to as it's my birthday week too!

I hope you have a blast and that Sakari is thrilled!

Are you doing a new ship (for you)? I can hardly wait for your new review!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aww, well happy birthday to you! Maybe next time. :)

Yes, new ship (and 3 new ports for us) this time around. We will be on the Conquest headed to Aruba, Curacao, La Romana, and then back to Grand Turk.

Aww, well happy birthday to you! Maybe next time. :)

Yes, new ship (and 3 new ports for us) this time around. We will be on the Conquest headed to Aruba, Curacao, La Romana, and then back to Grand Turk.

oooh!!!! What are you doing in Curacao and Aruba....I am going to both those ports for the first time this summer.