Uber Transportation Ft Lauderdale

CruisinNana

Uber is everywhere and it is wonderful! We love using it in NYC.

I'm not surprised ports have banned them, sometimes it is hard for the driver to find the passenger in a crowded area. Not to mention all the political issues.

From what I understand, it is extremely political!

WOW - POA1...there you go again with great posts!!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this up to date info on Uber. Do you think they are now allowed at the airport and the cruise ports. I think this was the main beef with the taxi drivers in Fort Lauderdale!

WOW - POA1...there you go again with great posts!!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this up to date info on Uber. Do you think they are now allowed at the airport and the cruise ports. I think this was the main beef with the taxi drivers in Fort Lauderdale!

According to the articles I've read, they made arrangements to pay back fees that they owed to Fort Lauderdale / Hollywood International Airport and Port Everglades. Their website says that there's a surcharge for the airport of $4.50 and $2.00 for the port. I'd take that as a yes.

According to the articles I've read, they made arrangements to pay back fees that they owed to Fort Lauderdale / Hollywood International Airport and Port Everglades. Their website says that there's a surcharge for the airport of $4.50 and $2.00 for the port. I'd take that as a yes.

Great! That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I love Uber and have used them in several different cities. I love not having to deal with cash! Last time I was in Lauderdale, I did not use them as they were banned from the ports....and the cab I had from the airport took me on a "ride" saying he didn't understand where I had said take me. It's a good thing I knew the lay of the land and knew in about 5 minutes he was not going to the Galleria area. My $20 ride turned into a $40 ride. I have already taken your advice and printed directions from the airport to the hotel! I wish I had done that on my last trip!

Please post if there is any new information on the news about Uber and the ports....Thanks so much!!!

Am I the only one who is not a Uber fan? We've had quite a few negative reports on Uber drivers in the Chicago metro area so I've stuck to taxis. Living here, I know the best routes so most taxi drivers do not try to take the long way to get someplace unlike the Uber drivers who inflate their routes and charges especially to and from the airport. Not sure I would trust Uber in FLL.

Am I the only one who is not a Uber fan? We've had quite a few negative reports on Uber drivers in the Chicago metro area so I've stuck to taxis. Living here, I know the best routes so most taxi drivers do not try to take the long way to get someplace unlike the Uber drivers who inflate their routes and charges especially to and from the airport. Not sure I would trust Uber in FLL.

I really do appreciate the warning. I have printed mapquest directions to all the places I want to go. Hopefully, that will solve the problem when the driver sees I have directions.

When I got a cab several months ago at the FLL airport, the cabbie took me many miles out of the way claiming he misunderstood that the hotel I wanted to go to was in Fort Lauderdale! When he got on the highway for a second time, I realized something was wrong. My $20 ride was $40! :(

I have nothing against Uber, but we take a cab from FLL to our house, or to/from the port, and I don't see that changing. Taxis from the airport or Port Everglades are plentiful. When we're leaving the house, we simply reserve a cab a few days in advance.

If we want to go out to dinner and need a ride, Uber is great though. I just view them as one of the tools in our transportation toolbox.

8FUQYPfL0Pg

Uber is wonderful if you believe in destroying local businesses, transferring 30% of your money out of your town before you leave the car and you believe one billionaire should control a local industry worldwide.

Uber is wonderful if you believe in destroying local businesses, transferring 30% of your money out of your town before you leave the car and you believe one billionaire should control a local industry worldwide.

I see it differently. America was built on the free enterprise system. Uber had a better idea and the public embraced the new model.

Build a better mousetrap...

They approved Lyft in Broward county too.

We are big Uber fans, if I needed cash I would love to work for them.

On a couple occasions the Uber driver took a wrong turn or missed a turn in Manhattan, but he/she immediately froze the meter. Riders rate the drivers who must maintain a high rating or they are cut.

The drivers also rate the customers, you can ask for your rating.

We were just at Disney, Uber is all over the place.

We loved Uber and use the service in Chicago and last year in Ft. Lauderdale, if you type in the address to where you are going then their map function lays out the best route for them to go. This avoids getting driven around for the sake of running up a fare. We just got back from Paris and when we weren't using the Metro Uber came in handy, we avoided having to use Euros and by typing in the address we avoided any miscommunication to where we were going.

We find that Uber cars are cleaner and better maintained than most of the cabs in Chicago.

Edited by BellBoys

While I know this is a cruise site and as anyone can check I have never posted anything but cruise related I must say a few things.

It's easy to build a new mouse trap when you don't have any rules. I can't speak about Florida but in NYC uber pays NO road taxes. None. Taxis pay $3000 per car per year. Uber cars are not bonded and carry minimum FHV ins. Taxis are inspected 3 times a year at the TLC inspection center. Uber cars at your local gas station once. God forbid you have an accident in a uber car. You can NOT sue uber. There have been zero successful lawsuits as when you sign up you give up your right to sue them for anything, other then rape. Two new rape suits were filed last week.

To the gentleman that would like to kinda drive for them. Remember if you have an accident your ins company will void your policy as you are not allowed to use your personal car for commercial reasons. Your pax will sue YOU and you will be liable for all damages yourself.

Sorry if I am passionate about this. I have a friend that drove a taxi for a long time. He went to uber and was rammed by another uber driver watching his gps rather then the road. Disabled for life. No recourse. Other drive did not have a dime to his name. Uber is free of liability. Unlike the taxi industry where every driver is covered by work men's comp. uber drivers are on their own.

Sorry to hijack this. The original poster just wanted a question answered. I hope they have a wonderful time. I have almost 500 days on 3 lines. But I'll stick with a well regulated industry then a bunch of international racketeers.

While I know this is a cruise site and as anyone can check I have never posted anything but cruise related I must say a few things.

It's easy to build a new mouse trap when you don't have any rules. I can't speak about Florida but in NYC uber pays NO road taxes. None. Taxis pay $3000 per car per year. Uber cars are not bonded and carry minimum FHV ins. Taxis are inspected 3 times a year at the TLC inspection center. Uber cars at your local gas station once. God forbid you have an accident in a uber car. You can NOT sue uber. There have been zero successful lawsuits as when you sign up you give up your right to sue them for anything, other then rape. Two new rape suits were filed last week.

To the gentleman that would like to kinda drive for them. Remember if you have an accident your ins company will void your policy as you are not allowed to use your personal car for commercial reasons. Your pax will sue YOU and you will be liable for all damages yourself.

Sorry if I am passionate about this. I have a friend that drove a taxi for a long time. He went to uber and was rammed by another uber driver watching his gps rather then the road. Disabled for life. No recourse. Other drive did not have a dime to his name. Uber is free of liability. Unlike the taxi industry where every driver is covered by work men's comp. uber drivers are on their own.

Sorry to hijack this. The original poster just wanted a question answered. I hope they have a wonderful time. I have almost 500 days on 3 lines. But I'll stick with a well regulated industry then a bunch of international racketeers.

I certainly respect your experience and understand completely your opinion. Thanks for sharing.

A different perspective: Uber is offering free rides to and from the polls for tomorrow's Canadian federal elections. For thousands of mobility impaired and other citizens without means of transportation, this is a significant gesture.

Uber is wonderful! Until something happens, then see who has the insurance.

Another nice thing about Uber is they charge less. Too many cab drivers are getting rich driving a taxi. I believe it is 10 of the top 20 gazzillionaires are cab drivers- that's why it is nearly all immigrants.

And the technology!!! A smart phone app? Who'd of thought of that?

No matter Uber cars are not inspected like taxi cabs are. No matter we have to take Uber's word they background check. No matter cabbies are limited in the hours they work a day. No matter cab drivers are drug tested. It's new!!! And we 'save' a couple of bucks; ain't that what it's all about?