Support req - mods please dont delete

keelann0604

I have no idea what bumping is or how it works, and must admit when I saw the first "Monday morning bump" I just thought that the poor poster's family had been involved in a car crash on a Monday morning!! You live and learn as they say!

No - not a car crash. My father has suffered a brain injury, which puts a new 'slant' on life outside of holidays.

It is not my intention to be "uncaring" or cause distress, but all posters agree to follow CC guidelines when they join and I have to be fair to everyone. MA

Making exceptions could cause others distress.

I sincerely hope you find a solution to your problem.

Whilst I totally get that people have to abide by the guidelines and that's whats they sign up for when they join. With some of the threads/posts that are put on here daily, whereby their biggest worry they have is not getting on the ship at 12 noon and may have to wait until 2pm.

If anyone was to be 'distressed' by the bumping of this thread, it certainly wouldn't make good reading for a place that's supposed to create a community feel.

I truly hope you are able to get something sorted and yes please let us all know how you get on. Take care. Xx

No - not a car crash. My father has suffered a brain injury, which puts a new 'slant' on life outside of holidays.

I am sorry to hear of your father's injury and can only guess at your worries. Surely this however is easily covered by travel insurance? Having had to go through this twice now myself, it is not a difficult or time-consuming process and removes the added stress of having to change the cruise over to different people and get payment.

Edited by Host Sharon

I am sorry to hear of your father's injury and can only guess at your worries. Surely this however is easily covered by travel insurance? Having had to go through this twice now myself, it is not a difficult or time-consuming process and removes the added stress of having to change the cruise over to different people and get payment.

You would think so but the only reason I know this is, I was watching Martin from Moneysioermarket on This Morning and someone had called in about insurance cover For a holiday.

She had booked a years trip to Somewhere back in February but wasn't leaving until October so didn't need the cover to start until October but something had happened and she was unable to go but needless to say she wasn't covered for not being able to go on the trip. No money back as a result.

Martin advised it was correct that she wasn't entitled to her money back no matter what; even if someone had died. His advice was as soon as you book your trip, book your insurance. I am fortunate in that I have insurance all the time through my bank but others arnt so lucky. Like this perhaps.

Hi

We have full insurance through our bank. In short and i am being careful what i say here, the insurance will not reimburse the insured if they believe the cause of the accident was related to an 'underlying condition'.

In my father's case, he was diagnosed with MS over 30 years ago. MS is a very personal condition and in the case of my father the effects are relatively mild. My father fell down the full length of his stairs and i am of the belief the insurance company will attribute this to his MS.....it wasn't but proving that is never going to be straight forward.

To proceed with the claim i would have to request a 'cancellation invoice'. At this point the holiday is gone. In my opinion i think it would make more sense to try and sell the holiday, at a reduced rate to someone else. Incidentally we are not able to push the holiday back it would seem.

I hope this now makes sense.:(

Whilst I totally get that people have to abide by the guidelines and that's whats they sign up for when they join. With some of the threads/posts that are put on here daily, whereby their biggest worry they have is not getting on the ship at 12 noon and may have to wait until 2pm.

If anyone was to be 'distressed' by the bumping of this thread, it certainly wouldn't make good reading for a place that's supposed to create a community feel.

I truly hope you are able to get something sorted and yes please let us all know how you get on. Take care. Xx

Thank you Laura - very kind.:)

Email sent :)

Thanks but we are on a cruise on your dates, I would go the insurance route they would have to prove it was because of the MS..all the best[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jason12

Hello Sharon

Thank you for both your support and advice.

Am i able to attach the schedule for the holiday on a post, excluding prices?. It would help a little with my pm's

Regards

Edited by keelann0604

Hi

We have full insurance through our bank. In short and i am being careful what i say here, the insurance will not reimburse the insured if they believe the cause of the accident was related to an 'underlying condition'.

In my father's case, he was diagnosed with MS over 30 years ago. MS is a very personal condition and in the case of my father the effects are relatively mild. My father fell down the full length of his stairs and i am of the belief the insurance company will attribute this to his MS.....it wasn't but proving that is never going to be straight forward.

To proceed with the claim i would have to request a 'cancellation invoice'. At this point the holiday is gone. In my opinion i think it would make more sense to try and sell the holiday, at a reduced rate to someone else. Incidentally we are not able to push the holiday back it would seem.

I hope this now makes sense.:(

Oh dear, you really are up against it. That's so unfair. I do hope you sell it albeit as you say at a laser price than you paid. Good luck. Xx

Hello Sharon

Thank you for both your support and advice.

Am i able to attach the schedule for the holiday on a post, excluding prices?. It would help a little with my pm's

Regards

Of course - no problem.

To help with questions here are the details for the holiday:

Date: 20th November – 4th/5th December (leaves on 4th, back in UK 5th)

Holiday Type: Cruise (P&0)

Flights: Premium Class (Dreamliner)

Ship: Britannia

Cabin: Suite

Destination/Itinerary :

Birmingham to Barbados – 20th Nov

Barbados – 21st Nov

Sea Day – 22nd Nov

Grenada – 23rd Nov

Isla Margarita/Venezuela – 24th Nov

Sea Day – 25th Nov

Curacao – 26th Nov