Beach towels?

E&B

I've done a search and can't seem to find solid answer, just hints in other threads. How do beach towels work on Carnival? From what I can tell, I don't need to pack them, the room steward will leave them in my cabin each night for the next day, I'm welcome to take them off the ship at port and they must be returned to the cabin or I'll get charged. But, what happens if I want a second on the pool deck (like to use as a pillow or just to have another dry towel)? Also, not that I'd ever be one, but what happens to the chair hogs whose towels are confiscated? Are they all charged for them? My guess is no, or there would be much less hogging, but how does it all work?

You are allowed two per person. Every day, before dinner, we would turn in the four dirty towels for four clean ones. That way, we had them in our cabin early to take off the ship in the ports...on beach days.

If I remember correctly, the towel stand on the lido deck does not open until 8 am......so if you are getting off the ship early, you are stuck.

Your room attendant only leaves two per cabin and only on the first day. He does not replenish them. You have to do it yourself every day.

Edited by champagne123
cccc

You are allowed two per person. Every day, before dinner, we would turn in the four dirty towels for four clean ones. That way, we had them in our cabin early to take off the ship in the ports...on beach days.

If I remember correctly, the towel stand on the lido deck does not open until 8 am......so if you are getting off the ship early, you are stuck.

Your room attendant only leaves two per cabin and only on the first day. He does not replenish them. You have to do it yourself every day.

Leave the dirty towels on the floor of your cabin and they will be replaced.

If you would like an extra towel on deck, you can check one out at the towel kiosk. If we have laid out all day in the sun, we will typically swap out our dirty towels when leaving with fresh ones at the kiosk.

I don't think you would want to carry two per person off the ship, though - they are quite large and bulky. It's all we can do to carry our two towels plus all our other "stuff" in our beach bag for excursions.

Thanks, all! We would definitely only be taking one each off the ship. We travel lighter when on the go. So how do we avoid being charged for missing towels in the last day of the cruise? Do we leave one per person for the cabin steward and then return the extras to the lido deck?

If you get a towel from the towel stand on the Lido deck, the attendant will ask for your cabin number, or your S&S card. When you turn the towel back in, you'll be checked off, sort of like when you return a book at your library. Return the towel, no charge. Don't return the towel, you pay for it.

If you would like an extra towel on deck, you can check one out at the towel kiosk. If we have laid out all day in the sun, we will typically swap out our dirty towels when leaving with fresh ones at the kiosk.

I don't think you would want to carry two per person off the ship, though - they are quite large and bulky. It's all we can do to carry our two towels plus all our other "stuff" in our beach bag for excursions.

We used to take a large beach bag and put everything in it (towels, sun block, bottles of water, etc.) for a day at the beach. That's a lot for one person (usually me) to schlep around! Then, about four cruises ago, I bought packable daypacks for each of us. Now, no one person has to everything. Each person can carry their own stuff. Makes going to the beach, or on an excursion, so much better. ;)

Your steward will replace your beach towels with fresh ones. Just leave them on the floor with your other dirty ones.

This.

On our Miracle cruise a few weeks ago we didn't want the full turn down one night, just towels. Our Room Steward asked specifically if we needed new blue ones.

DD uses the blue ones in the cabin instead of the white ones.

Leave the dirty towels on the floor of your cabin and they will be replaced.

"best case" they will be replaced ... however, often the night before a "beach day" like HMC they "run out" since people request extras ... Also, the evening after a "beach day" they will most likely run out too, as they need to wash all that were used on the beach.

I agree with the other posters who said they change out towels on the Lido deck as opposed to depending on the Steward to do it for you.

Jeff aka Recovery Dude :)

On the Valor in August, you could actually swap out your dirty towels right as you returned from port (as in right past security, they let you give in your old and get new ones). Very convenient.

That would be great if they did that on all ships / excursions!