Since updated carry on rules; what is peoples experience with baby formula?

LMaxwell

Just wondering if anyone here has cruised since the updated carry on rules AND had to bring baby formula; how did it go and what did you do? We have a number of factory sealed small liquid baby formula in plastic bottles that would make life very easy to bring, but create an absolute and total nightmare if taken away. I have ordered some 12 packs of water for the room and will bring a sealed canister of powder as a backup I suppose, but the ready to use formula would be better as there is one particular brand that our child likes and works well with our childs tummy.

So, any actual real life experiences to report on? Should we get a physicians note regarding the formula? I suppose that can't hurt, but I have almost no faith in staff at POM having working brains.

I have no experience but I might get a script from my pediatrician and call it into special needs.

Special needs indeed..as in "This child can't eat anything else!" Dunno if that qualifies, but, I'd let you bring it on.

But, just in case, the powder backup sounds like a solid plan.

And yeah, I know you were looking for actual experience and I have none, but they don't Let me delete....sorry.

Edited by kbanowsky

Special needs indeed..as in "This child can't eat anything else!" Dunno if that qualifies, but, I'd let you bring it on.

But, just in case, the powder backup sounds like a solid plan.

And yeah, I know you were looking for actual experience and I have none, but they don't Let me delete....sorry.

No worries. This is a new one for me, so other perspectives are helpful anyways.

Carry on rules are designed specifically for those that want to smuggle booze on board. People like to smuggle booze in water bottles, mouth wash bottles, and/or basically any item that can be sealed.

You do not need permission to bring baby food on board. If you plan on smuggling booze in baby food containers, most would consider that an extreme act of desperation, especially if you have a baby with you.

:eek:

Carry on rules are designed specifically for those that want to smuggle booze on board. People like to smuggle booze in water bottles, mouth wash bottles, and/or basically any item that can be sealed.

You do not need permission to bring baby food on board. If you plan on smuggling booze in baby food containers, most would consider that an extreme act of desperation, especially if you have a baby with you.

:eek:

Physician gives us 2oz plastic RTU bottles and I think we also have some 8oz bottles.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=104861318

Of course we'd all think a human with a working brain would see this and not say a word, but sometimes you get staff that read a rule, follow it 100% blindly, and make no exceptions.

Edited by LMaxwell

I agree with the prev poster. Get a prescription or note from your pediatrician and call the special needs dept. Have them also send you an email. That way you will have something in writing from carnival to show the people at POM.

I would do this as well.

My experience in calling the special needs department about water for my husband's cpap, they told us "nursery water and distilled water for cpap machines is allowed and not confiscated". It would be under my impression that if they are not supposed to confiscate nursery water, they should not be confiscating formula either. However, that being said I don't trust the overzealous employee you may encounter. I would have the doctor's note with me just in case, and I would take the powder in case of emergency.

Although you shouldn't have to (I mean its baby formula - come on, Carnival), that same formula as posted in #7 comes in cans.

If it would truly "create an absolute and total nightmare if taken away" bring the inconvenient cans rather than the convenient bottles. Problem solved/avoided.

As someone else said, it would take someone truly desperate to plead exemption for bottled baby formula with the intention to smuggle alcohol in it while lugging said baby in their arms. Sadly, I'm sure someone will try.

Have people done that? I don't understand why it keeps coming up in this thread when it has nothing to do with it really. I mean, yeah, never underestimate stupidity, but was there a thread about people doing this???

Have people done that? I don't understand why it keeps coming up in this thread when it has nothing to do with it really. I mean, yeah, never underestimate stupidity, but was there a thread about people doing this???

If you have little faith the POM staff have working brains you should have little faith someone hasn't tried this (and it doesn't take a CC thread to validate its possibility).

Keep waving your "stupid club" and eventually you'll hit someone over the head.

You should be fine. When we cruised with our oldest, they didn't even look at his baby stuff.

As for using powdered, you'd also need to take a lot of nursery water because the water in the bathroom sinks isn't great for adults to drink and I couldn't imagine giving it to a baby. So much extra stuff in it, and for some babies, it's not even an option. My youngest couldn't have powdered formula because of the possibility for contaminated water (he was a preemie) so we did pre made until he went to solids at 13 months. If someone told me they were confiscating my baby formula I'd be raising h3ll until someone in charge made it right.