Spirit or Escape

Tutone56

If you had the choice, which ship would you choose: the new, mega Escape or the smaller, older, Spirit. Both have similar itineraries. So far we've sailed the Jewel twice and the Pearl once. Any insight would be welcomed. Thanks.

Which Embarkation city is better for you? Miami or Port Canaveral?

For me, I would choose The Spirit. She is such a wonderful ship- very oriental in decor. Has a Bridge Viewing/Museum down a staircase from the Observation Lounge (Galaxy of the Stars). I have not sailed on Her in awhile and looking at doing it in early March.

Escape. This ship is going to be special. We like the smaller ships too. What it really should depend on, is how excited you are about the itineraries. The Escape goes to Tortola, which we have never been to, but there is nothing we really want to do at the others. There is a jewelry store on St. Thomas DW likes but other than that, the ship is the destination. I think the Spirit has been refurbished since we sailed her. What are the ports?

The itineraries are the same.

Escape: Miami (Florida); St. Thomas (US Virgin Islands); Tortola (British Virgin Islands); Nassau (Bahamas); Disembark Miami (Florida)

Spirit: Orlando & Beaches (Port Canaveral); Nassau (Bahamas); St. Thomas (US Virgin Islands); Tortola (British Virgin Islands); Disembark Orlando & Beaches (Port Canaveral)

I guess I'm not sure of the big ships and whether we would not like the crowded feeling, especially on sea days. We normally get a balcony so we would have a quiet place to retreat to.

All ships will end up in the Caribbean at some point. So for that itinerary I would choose the Escape. I would choose the Spirit to get us to some places the larger ships wouldn't go such as Northern Europe or Panama Canal or maybe something that was port intensive. If there are 3 days at sea I'd want to be on a ship that will have a large variety of things to do.

I know that some people enjoy sitting in a chair and looking out over the ocean for hours at a time but I can't sit still that long and would be bored by the second day at sea on the Spirit.

But thats something you need to decide for yourself.

-Sean

The itineraries are the same.

Escape: Miami (Florida); St. Thomas (US Virgin Islands); Tortola (British Virgin Islands); Nassau (Bahamas); Disembark Miami (Florida)

Spirit: Orlando & Beaches (Port Canaveral); Nassau (Bahamas); St. Thomas (US Virgin Islands); Tortola (British Virgin Islands); Disembark Orlando & Beaches (Port Canaveral)

I guess I'm not sure of the big ships and whether we would not like the crowded feeling, especially on sea days. We normally get a balcony so we would have a quiet place to retreat to.

All other things being equal, I would choose the Escape. You will not feel cramped, and the chefs should be better. Also, I had the same reaction as LargePizza to the Spirit.