Balcony on the Epic

kruzinkimmie

I am looking at cruising the Epic in July for the Mediterranean cruise.

I was wondering what (if any) the major differences in the balconies are? I was looking at the deck plans and the only difference seems to be the size and location. I was debating between a mid-ship balcony, large balcony and aft balcony.

I cruised in a mid-ship balcony on the Breakaway and loved it!

Thanks!

I had an aft balcony on Epic for a Med cruise this summer.

The positives are that balcony is large, secluded, with some shade, and gives a good view.

Negatives are noisy from the wake (although for some a positive), and the balcony can get grubby from salt and soot (I has surprised how poorly it had been cleaned prior to boarding).

Certain balconies are larger. If you look at the deck plans, it is obvious that some are larger on the bump-outs. Not all of these are classified as large balconies. My parents stayed in one (14034) that is a family balcony, but their balcony was huge (large enough for chairs and loungers). Take a look at the deck plans and compare prices before you book.

Also look at the deck plans for where the bed is placed. Some prefer the bed by the balcony and others the bed by the door.

Can I ask a silly question? How can you tell by the deck plans where the bed is placed? I'm booked on the Breakaway in a balcony cabin and I want to make sure the bed is next to the balcony as opposed to the sofa. Thank you! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask a silly question? How can you tell by the deck plans where the bed is placed? I'm booked on the Breakaway in a balcony cabin and I want to make sure the bed is next to the balcony as opposed to the sofa. Thank you! :)

On the BA balconies deck plans look at the widest part of the room, that is where the bed is. They alternate, some are near the balcony some are in the center of the room (near bathroom). Ex: 8138 bed near balcony, 8140 bed near bathroom. Same applies to Epic.

Edited by Boschmann

The rooms on the Epic have a curved wall. When the room is at its widest close to the window, then that's where the bed is.

If the room is at its smallest on the balcony side, that means the sofa is placed there :)

Apart from that, some cabins have larger balconies than others, but those cabins at the very front of the ship (hull balconies) are enclosed, which means you don't have glass under the reiling. :)

I'm in BA cabin 13210. I picked it because it looks larger than the rest? I'm not sure if I'm imagining this or not.

That's a 'mini-suite', right? Good choice, good central location and those mini-suites are indeed a bit larger (longer) than regular balcony cabins :)

I'm in BA cabin 13210. I picked it because it looks larger than the rest? I'm not sure if I'm imagining this or not.

It's an optical illusion, it's the same square footage as 13208. 13210 just has bed in center of room.

Actually, this is really important. We've just got back from Barcelona and our balcony cabin had the bed near the door, and a sofa near the balcony. In our opinion this is a really bad configuration, as the sink is opposite the bed and creates a very narrow passageway. Those rooms with the bed at the balcony looked much roomier to me.