update on orient

negn

We were at Orient in Nov.. Taxi dropped everyone off at Bikini Beach. We always go to Kon Tiki but he would not drive there so we walked. However, at 2:30pm, the same driver was at Kon Tiki looking for anyone going back to the port. It is a game they play.

We were at Orient in Nov.. Taxi dropped everyone off at Bikini Beach. We always go to Kon Tiki but he would not drive there so we walked. However, at 2:30pm, the same driver was at Kon Tiki looking for anyone going back to the port. It is a game they play.

Did you report the driver back at the port taxi dispatch? That's the only way that this nonsense will stop.

These pics posted on the Everything St Martin site yesterday. the first two are at the back where there appears to be a driving lane and parking lot. The front side looks pretty small so it will be interesting to see if they use loungers or just chairs when the open. It looks like there is a wide enough walking path in front of the break wall.

L1.jpg.95bc217fc381cdec79e75d05a46bb3f2.jpg

L2.jpg.606d680873474b750dd20bdb3e6bf55f.jpg

L4.jpg.abcd462524fa25eaa7df918d110c0828.jpg

L5.jpg.43ba95971576ee0851893fd018b2c0f5.jpg

L6.jpg.7995fc86689f6990e9b50f30bf1746a1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

2 years ago we were dumped at Bikini beach and paid 20 bucks for a chair and umbrella. Last year went to Orange Fever, had more fun and paid half the price. So disappointed that this is still not done. Sounds like all the other places have jacked up their prices ...

This all looks very interesting. Will be in St. Maarten at the end of March, and never been to Orient Beach before. We've heard great things, so thinking of going to Orient in the morning, and then Maho Beach in the afternoon. Any suggestions for Orient?

This all looks very interesting. Will be in St. Maarten at the end of March, and never been to Orient Beach before. We've heard great things, so thinking of going to Orient in the morning, and then Maho Beach in the afternoon. Any suggestions for Orient?

Kakao is nice; good food and clean restrooms. I would not waste relaxing beach time to go to another beach, I don't see any benefits. Travel in St. Maarten can be very slow

Haven't seen any other updates. Is Orient Beach up and running?

Certain parts are fine, but the area down by Club Orient has been "under construction" for almost a year. Head down to the north end and near kakao and bikini beach. Everyone says that's fine.

No one believed mid-Oct. remember, they're on island time.

Actually I spoke to the mother and brother of one of the owners and they both live on the island and said that the company had a great reputation and barring a bad storm they should be on schedule and open in mid October. This was back in early August and the island did not have a bad storm. In November when I returned on vacation the brother told me mid December. They closed at the end of April I believe.

Edited by Karysa

There's trouble on Orient!

From Monday's Daily Herald.

ORIENT BAY--Concessionaires of the new restaurants on Orient Beach, between Pedro’s and Kon Tiki, are up in arms over the amount of rent the Collectivité is charging them and refuse to sign contracts and take possession of keys until they get a meeting to discuss the issue with either President Aline Hanson or Vice-President Guillaume Arnell.

gary

There's trouble on Orient!

From Monday's Daily Herald.

ORIENT BAY--Concessionaires of the new restaurants on Orient Beach, between Pedro’s and Kon Tiki, are up in arms over the amount of rent the Collectivité is charging them and refuse to sign contracts and take possession of keys until they get a meeting to discuss the issue with either President Aline Hanson or Vice-President Guillaume Arnell.

gary

Oh no. You think that would have been worked out and signed BEFORE the work started. Thanks for the update.

We'll be on our very first visit to St. Maarten next month and have booked a tour with Bernard's Tours (they get such great reviews) that includes time at Orient Beach. I'm trying to determine from this thread exactly what the situation is now at Orient.

What exactly is under construction, and is there a beach worth visiting at this time?

We've never been there, so I just don't know what's going on and how much of this beach it affects.

Thanks!

We'll be on our very first visit to St. Maarten next month and have booked a tour with Bernard's Tours (they get such great reviews) that includes time at Orient Beach. I'm trying to determine from this thread exactly what the situation is now at Orient.

What exactly is under construction, and is there a beach worth visiting at this time?

We've never been there, so I just don't know what's going on and how much of this beach it affects.

Thanks!

I have used Bernard's in the past and they will know the situation. They used to drop people off right at Pedros on the boarder of the nude side, but that is where the construction is. I'll bet for now they are dropping people off further north. Email them if you have the time, they are good at answering.

Edited by BillOh

I have used Bernard's in the past and they will know the situation. They used to drop people off right at Pedros on the boarder of the nude side, but that is where the construction is. I'll bet for now they are dropping people off further north. Email them if you have the time, they are good at answering.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Here is my original post/thread on the project.

gary

Now that I cam closing in on 100 days, time to subscribe to this thread and keep watching the facebook pages. Does Club Orient have a public accessible restaurant/bar along the beach?

They always have had the bar and restaurant open to the public who walk up from the beach.