Best Cruise for Very Active 2 y.o, 30 y.o. couple and Grandma

daraalina

Hey Everyone,

Im a newbie and Ive been doing so much searching for a cruise for my family.

Me- 30 year old mom into the arts, sports and a foodie

Boyfriend- 30 same interests as me but very indecisive

Son- Very energetic and friendly 2 year old (he's very close to all of us)

Grandma- Very social 65 year old woman

I want something where the child care facilities and staff are top notch. The nightclubs are great ( we're from NYC and Afro-Caribbean we know how to party). And most of all something impressive for Grandma cause she is very picky and she will most likely go lounge around and relax on her own at night .

We want to go to the Caribbean and not picky either about the islands of visiting

Hi Dara and welcome to Cruise Critic.

NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line)...the BREAKAWAY is right out of Manhattan. It is absolutely wonderful and something for everyone.

You also have Royal Caribbbean ..RCCL...right out of NJ. The ANTHEM.

Both of these ships are GREAT and there is something for everyone.:)

http://www.ncl.com/vacations/caribbean-cruises-new-york-norwegian-breakaway-?destinations=4294934559&embarkationport=4294963187&ships=4294963125

Traveling with an extended family is always a great idea when you have a toddler. Most cruise lines do not except kids under 3 in their structured programs. This means that a 2 year old will generally need constant care (what else is new) from the family, and having a grandparent(s) around takes a lot of pressure off Mom and Dad.

Hank

Camp Carnival accepts 2 year olds. All ships have nightly music and dancing along with a great comedy club. Karaoke is held nightly along with a sing along piano man.

Many ships offer a Serenity area for adults with comfortable sun loungers, hammocks and hottubs. :) For your 1st cruise I would do a 7 -8 day Eastern Caribbean. :)

If you are not scared away by the additional cost, the Disney ships, especially the Fantasy, might suit your needs. The nursery facility is excellent, and they do a very good job of keeping the adults-only areas child-free. The Fantasy has some lovely lounges that Grandma might enjoy, including Skyline and Meridian, and the food at Palo and Remy is quite good.

One down side is that the nightlife does tend to wrap up no later than midnight.

If you want child care for the 2 year old, you will need to look at Disney, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, or NCL's newest ship Escape. I believe Carnival is the only one with free child care at that age. Other lines (and other NCL ships) start at 3 for kids programs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk