Table for two.

moniquet

We always email the maitre'd at least 30 days out to request a private table. I explain what seating and our names and cabin #. I also add if there is a special reason, such as a table for 2 when DH and I celebrated anniversary, or needing a private table or booth on perimeter due to dd's autism. They have always responded and I print and take copy with me. But we've never had problems. NormAlly come over and make sure we're satisfied with table.

We are sailing on Liberty soon. How do we request a table for two on late dining? I cannot see anything on Carnival website for requests.

You can also do it when you board the ship--there will be a sign telling you where the Maitre'D is stationed and he will be taking requests for changes, etc.

We check out where our assigned table is, and if we would like to change, we go see him and each time they have accommodated us.

Very, very simple--takes no more than a few minutes.

If I have a need for a private table, I ask for one when making my booking with my PVP. As always he reminds me it's not a quarantee but he'll put the request in and I've always received my request. For my next cruise, I've asked for a 'lively, party' table of 10!

We always used to enjoy large tables but it has become more miss than hit. Our last experience on a table for 10 only two others turned up and they only spoke French:D all the rest only came on the last night and we weren't feeling very sociable by then:rolleyes:

You don't have to ask for a table for two in advance, they are readily available, but keep in mind that unless they segregate you somehow, your dining neighbors' table will be about 8 inches from your own.

Are there any tables for two which are not 8 inches apart? I have found that some neighbors tend to treat this arrangement as if was group seating.

You don't have to ask for a table for two in advance, they are readily available, but keep in mind that unless they segregate you somehow, your dining neighbors' table will be about 8 inches from your own.

8 inches? I wish! LOL. On our Freedom cruise the tables were packed so tight! The tables for two were literally just pulled apart enough so they weren't touching. That's it. Maybe two inches apart.

I can only speak for the Breeze I've been on her 3 different times and can say that those tables for two are REALLY close. We were doing ATD and sat in different areas of the MDR and all the ones we were seated at were like 2-3 inches from the next tables. There were times when the people next to us were friendly but not intrusive, there were times when they were too friendly, and on two occasions the couple next to us obviously wanted to be alone (hence the request for a table for two) and let it be known numerous times druing the dinner that they were unhappy which ruined the dinner for us.

Does anyone know if two people can request a table of four? I recall on my last cruise the tables of four had all of the windows for ATD. Do you think a "window four top" would be honored for two people?

I'm not sure, but on our last cruise we saw many four tops with only two persons during ATD. Have to agree, many of the two tops are certainly not what we would consider private and are so close to others that they might as well be joined together.

I can only speak for the Breeze I've been on her 3 different times and can say that those tables for two are REALLY close. We were doing ATD and sat in different areas of the MDR and all the ones we were seated at were like 2-3 inches from the next tables. There were times when the people next to us were friendly but not intrusive, there were times when they were too friendly, and on two occasions the couple next to us obviously wanted to be alone (hence the request for a table for two) and let it be known numerous times druing the dinner that they were unhappy which ruined the dinner for us.

Honestly, this set up is AWKWARD. It's not a private table, but it's not a group table. :confused:

People request a table for two because for whatever reason they want a table for TWO. The people next to us were so close, we felt obligated to talk to them. It was awkward NOT to. The waiter can't squeeze between the tables so the food was handed OVER the other couple. I really felt bad.

(Did I mention it was awkward?? :( )

I'm not sure, but on our last cruise we saw many four tops with only two persons during ATD. Have to agree, many of the two tops are certainly not what we would consider private and are so close to others that they might as well be joined together.

Thank you for sharing this. I will certainly put in a "Window" table request maybe with the Maitre'D and/or the host. Perhaps they will honor it.

Are there any tables for two which are not 8 inches apart? I have found that some neighbors tend to treat this arrangement as if was group seating.

More like 3-4 inches apart in ATD. I can never understand why many other people who ask for a table for two, then want to become your next best friend when they get placed next to you. Why did they ask for a table for two if they did not want privacy? I know that space is a premium on these ships, but it is ridiculous how close Carnival places these tables.

My husband and I were on the Liberty in early September. (the cruise with the engine fire in St. Thomas) We chose anytime dining. The first night we were at one of these "tables for two". As others have said, the tables next to us were very close. No private conversation that night. I did notice that most of the booths near us were empty so the next night I asked for a booth and they accommodated us. We asked and received a booth each night after that - right up until the flew us home early.

My husband and I were on the Liberty in early September. (the cruise with the engine fire in St. Thomas) We chose anytime dining. The first night we were at one of these "tables for two". As others have said, the tables next to us were very close. No private conversation that night. I did notice that most of the booths near us were empty so the next night I asked for a booth and they accommodated us. We asked and received a booth each night after that - right up until the flew us home early.

Thank you, so much. We are sailing on the Liberty and January and have Anytime Dining. Requesting a booth instead of windows may be a better solution.

This is my DH's first time on Carnival. He normally cruises NCL where the tables for two are just as those in land restaurants. I don't want the dining room experience to cloud his view of CCL. :rolleyes: