Ask Your Escape Questions!

Brittany C

NCL does not have a "bags" program.

NCl does not have a Formal night in which you must adhere to a certain dress code in order to dine in the bigger, more formal, aft MDR. The minimum dress code here is long pants and collared shirt for men, and this is on every night except embarkation night when some may not yet have their bags.

They do have a Norwegian's Night Out, usually the first sea day, which is entirely optional. People dress up when they feel like it, or not, on any given night.

Taste and Savor are the two more casual MDRs and have no cost. Shorts are allowed here. I think the menus may vary a little between the two and the big MDR, but I have not dined much here. The menus will be posted each day.

I previously posted this, but it might have been overlooked. On our Escape TA cruise, the only places that didn't permit shorts at dinner were Le Bistro and Bayamo. There was no mention of the aft dining room.

71CE9694-B6B2-4C0E-9B34-FEE292A11E1E_zpscmj9vmrd.jpg

I have herd it is like 10$ per hour for the guppies

$10 per hour for daytime hours. $12 per hour for late night hours.

Open Play time is free, and Hosted events are free. I believe parents must be in attendance for both. It is only if you want to leave your child in the nursery that charges are incurred.

Options were limited on the surface as a function of me not willing to take a risk but after a few days the buffet staff got to know me and would help me find the safe eating options.

I did have an emotional experience over a cheese burger with a GF bun given I wasnt expecting such an option to be available.

Thank you so much! I hoping there will be some quick food on my sailing in January. I am not really a sit down kind of guy, I like to stay active on vacation.

Wow, does that link you posted have some very incorrect information, not only the 24 hr stated open time for Margaritaville. O' Sheehans is the only venue open 24 hours.

The following information is also incorrect: no shorts or jeans in most of the venues after 6:00 PM including the buffet.

Shorts are allowed in all dining rooms at dinner EXCEPT the aft MDR and Le Bistro. Jeans are acceptable everywhere. I can't believe they stated no shorts or jeans in the buffet after 6:00 pm, LOL..

This is also incorrect: Reservations are required for the Specialty restaurants.

Many do make them, but they are not required. Walk ups are seated at any time based on availability just like any restaurant at home.

I would look at the NCL website for information rather than the website you posted.

I know...this sight has so many things wrong. However, the NCL site did not give a lot of info either. I did know about the jeans being allowed since I have sailed on NCL a few times.

However, NCL did not have a lot of info on their site either. And some things have changed since our booking.

This why I like cruise critic because there are so many people that can provide the correct info. I leave for the Escape in a little over a week and have been finding a ton of good info on here.

Have a great night!!!

Mary

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Escape has any opportunities for a large family of 35 to get professional photos taken? I have searched the boards and I know at one time some Norwegian ships offered a separate photography studio, but I have not seen any recent posts on this topic. Any information you have would be appreciated, including any costs that might be involved. Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Escape has any opportunities for a large family of 35 to get professional photos taken? I have searched the boards and I know at one time some Norwegian ships offered a separate photography studio, but I have not seen any recent posts on this topic. Any information you have would be appreciated, including any costs that might be involved. Thanks!

There is a photo studio on deck six next to the library and right off the atrium.

[quote name='Zena2005']Brittany,

I was wondering if the "Bags" program is available on the Escape and what is the cost. Basically once they pick up your luggage from your stateroom they would send it directly to the airport.

We loved taking advantage of not having to schlep our luggage from the holing room, onto the bus and over to the MIA, especially if you have time to kill before your flight and want to hit Miami and South Beach before heading home.[/quote]

I will look into this!

[quote name='hockeysoccerfam']I'm getting a few mixed answers in regards to 'formal night' on the Escape. We begin cruising on March 2016 and several people have given me different answers whether there's a 'formal night'. If anyone has just recently returned from the Escape, please let me know if 'formal night' is actually a designated dining night and if so, any idea when it is? Also, with 'Taste', does it have a different menu and if it can be booked without extra cost? Thanks!:D[/quote]

Hi there!

[FONT="]There are no official formal nights, but [/FONT][FONT="]"Norwegian's Night Out" is the line's freestyle (and optional) version of a formal night. Bayamo and Le Bistro on Escape require slightly nicer attire (no shorts) but still casual. You want to pack an all-white ensemble for the line's signature White Hot or Glow Party, held at Spice H20.

The menus at Taste and Savor are the same, and it's free! We had a great experience there. Enjoy!

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic
[/FONT][FONT="]
[/FONT]

[quote name='asubaru']I enjoyed all the pics, especially the christening ones.....looks like fun!! Sure wish I was aboard to enjoy the special events; I envy you!

Thanks for reporting, Brittany.[/quote]

It was hot, super busy and jam-packed, but always tons of fun. Thank you for reading!

[quote name='hhfarmer']Hello. Of anyone is staying in stateroom 12700 the a video review and.pictures would be great![/quote]

We stayed in 12188 -- felt it was a bit small for a mini-suite, but the shower/bathroom were sizeable. Trying to upload some photos...

[quote name='Brittany C']Hi there!

[FONT="]There are no official formal nights, but [/FONT][FONT="]"Norwegian's Night Out" is the line's freestyle (and optional) version of a formal night. Bayamo and Le Bistro on Escape require slightly nicer attire (no shorts) but still casual. You want to pack an all-white ensemble for the line's signature White Hot or Glow Party, held at Spice H20.

The menus at Taste and Savor are the same, and it's free! We had a great experience there. Enjoy!

[/FONT][FONT="]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

We will be on the Escape Thanksgiving cruise. We just talked to some friends who will also be on the ship and they invited us to join them in the Private room at Taste. Is there any big deal between the MDR and the private room? And is the private room good for the entire cruise or just one night?

[quote name='CamaCama']Are the Guppies age group (6 mo - 3 years) free in splash academy or is there an hourly fee for drop off?[/QUOTE]

We just took our 14 month old on the Escape. There is a fee of $20 per 2hr session. The actual session is only 1hr and 50min, not a full 2 hrs. This fee is not stated anywhere on their website that I could find, and a actively looked. They limit the number of children in the guppies room to a max of 10. You must book your sessions in advance and are not allowed to just drop off without making a reservation. We were on the 3 day cruise from Miami to Nassau and the times of the sessions were totally weird. We also had kids in the splash academy and the times for the two age groups never meshed up. For example, on day two we had to bring the baby to the guppies room at 4:30pm and had to pick up our other 2 kids at 5pm for a two hour break. So stupid.

[quote name='imskwerly']We just took our 14 month old on the Escape. There is a fee of $20 per 2hr session. The actual session is only 1hr and 50min, not a full 2 hrs. This fee is not stated anywhere on their website that I could find, and a actively looked. They limit the number of children in the guppies room to a max of 10. You must book your sessions in advance and are not allowed to just drop off without making a reservation. We were on the 3 day cruise from Miami to Nassau and the times of the sessions were totally weird. We also had kids in the splash academy and the times for the two age groups never meshed up. For example, on day two we had to bring the baby to the guppies room at 4:30pm and had to pick up our other 2 kids at 5pm for a two hour break. So stupid.[/QUOTE]

I had read that using the guppies room was free and that the hosted events were free, only that dropping off for the nursery incurred a fee. You're saying that there was a fee just for the daytime hosted events?

[quote name='LMaxwell']I had read that using the guppies room was free and that the hosted events were free, only that dropping off for the nursery incurred a fee. You're saying that there was a fee just for the daytime hosted events?[/QUOTE]

There should be a fee, no one should have to take care of your " little darlings " for free

[quote name='LMaxwell']And this was information he OFFERED on the board to get...FAILED to deliver on...and has a problem with people asking others for the information, yet he is offended, because, you know, gotta be offended these days right?[/QUOTE]

What did I fail to deliver on? I don't get offended

[quote name='Brittany C']Hi there!

[/FONT][FONT="]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

For those new to NCL. They do have at least one "dress up or not night" on a 7 day cruise. It's just what it sounds like. This gives folks the opportunity to get more formal pictures taken, or just feel more formal. The photographers set up at various spot on the ship. We like to pack light, so we don't participate. I believe they save a portion of one the of one of the MDRs for people who want to be dining with other folks who also dressed up.

[quote name='CUontheC']We will be on the Escape Thanksgiving cruise. We just talked to some friends who will also be on the ship and they invited us to join them in the Private room at Taste. Is there any big deal between the MDR and the private room? And is the private room good for the entire cruise or just one night?[/quote]

A snippet from our forthcoming review...

The Private Room at Taste is located below Taste Restaurant serving the same menu as the main dining room. It's open to large families or business groups who prefer their own area. The decor is dark and restrained, with art flourishes on the walls and large curtains to separate spaces. The ceilings are low, and they carry the acoustics, so it can get noisy. It has a capacity of 100.

Hope that helps! Basically it's just a more 'private' room to enjoy dinner.

Happy Cruising!

[quote name='oldsouthcruisingfamily']I would like to know what days of a 7-day cruise the Howl at the Moon piano show will be running in the comedy club. We saw it on the Getaway in January and it was my favourite show of the cruise - I was very excited to see that it was added to the Escape lineup too!

I imagine it will run on the opposite schedule to any comedy shows planned in the same venue, but I can't find a schedule for them either. We'll be booking our other entertainment tickets shortly so I'd like to avoid conflicts. :)[/quote]

Hi there,

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. On our inaugural sailing (not necessarily indicative of a seven-night cruise) you could do both -- comedy show at 7, followed by Howl at the Moon from 9 to 1 a.m.!

Happy Cruising,

[quote name='Zena2005']Brittany,

I was wondering if the "Bags" program is available on the Escape and what is the cost. Basically once they pick up your luggage from your stateroom they would send it directly to the airport.

We loved taking advantage of not having to schlep our luggage from the holing room, onto the bus and over to the MIA, especially if you have time to kill before your flight and want to hit Miami and South Beach before heading home.[/quote]

The quick answer is no, it's not available.

Thanks for the question.

Have a great time,