Thinking of a short, short cruise on Ecstasy

Redsfan

We are staying at our family condo in Ft.Lauderdale area for 7 days, and thinking of a short 3 day to get away. Haven't taken a short cruise like this in our 4 cruises, can you pass on thoughts of the ship? Food, choices, upgrades etc?

mid-December...what does school break have to do with timing though?

If it was during a school break, that means more college kids looking for a booze cruise. Those 3 day cruises during breaks or over weekends end up being a lot of those type of cruisers. Having said that, I think that you make of the cruise what you want.

We did a 3 day quick getaway last February on her. Great crew, had an aft extended balcony, great mix of passengers, ship is older but maintained. I didn't notice any more drinking/partying than usual. We had a great time....go for it :)

If it was during a school break, that means more college kids looking for a booze cruise. Those 3 day cruises during breaks or over weekends end up being a lot of those type of cruisers. Having said that, I think that you make of the cruise what you want.

I truly hate the term booze cruise, it makes it sound like everyone is drunk. Yes there is more chance of drinkers, but not necessarily out of this world.

We just got off her a couple weeks back (first time we have cruised on her in 15 years). We COMPLETELY enjoyed our cruise. Having been on many of the ships in the fleet, she is smaller and "older", but we actually felt it was more laid back and quiet then some of the larger ships we have be been on.

Service was impeccable, food was good, and very clean. I would not hesitate to cruise on her again for a nice short get away cruise.

PS: This is coming from two "middle aged" old folks here, lol!

With the exception of my cruise to Canada which obviously draws a different crowd, the shorter the cruise the higher the party factor. On our 4 day I had to call security because approaching midnight, cabins near by had moved chairs and footstools into the hall. They were using the hall as a party spot for 20+ people. Totally rude and unsafe. And the neighbors next door got in a huge screaming fight in their balcony, which ended when he proposed. But when we woke the next morning their door was propped open and security was stationed in the hall all day. Neither experience ruined our cruise - security dispelled the party, and I guess the drinking for the happy couple calmed them for the night. In fact it was a great romantic get away as we had an otherwise private room and spent tons of time on our balcony.

But, there is much more of a party vibe on these short cruises. Still very enjoyable and relaxing - just don't want you to go into it unprepared.

I truly hate the term booze cruise, it makes it sound like everyone is drunk. Yes there is more chance of drinkers, but not necessarily out of this world.

Same here. I usually consider a booze cruise to be one of those "all the rum drinks you can drink" on a catamaran at a shore excursion.

It's the Dec 18th cruise (Friday). Our schools in Canada are just getting out that day, not sure about the U.S.

We are doing the 4 day right after that one, Monday, Dec 21st. I say it is what you make it out to be. You can have unruly guests on any cruise.