How much did you spend on lunch in Rome and Florence?

ken_nyc

Very difficult to say without some information about what kind of meal you're looking for....

I've had very good "fixed price" 3-course lunches in restaurants in Rome for about 10-12 euro -- this usually includes a salad, choice of an entree, and dessert. Drink is extra. quote]

IMO the "prix fixe" menu is the best value for money you can find, we've had excellent meals for 12-15 euros just off Piazza Navona, but these deals are available only at lunchtime. At one place they even threw in a carafe of house wine for the two of us! We've also made our own sandwiches and had an al fresco picnic meal complemented with a bottle of wine, you can pick up tasty tidbits from the local bakeries and grocery stores, even the daily market on Campo di Fiori.

Of course we also budget for a special dinner one evening at a nice restaurant, something to look back on and remember. Though my picnics have also been just as memorable:D;):D

We've also made our own sandwiches and had an al fresco picnic meal complemented with a bottle of wine, you can pick up tasty tidbits from the local bakeries and grocery stores, even the daily market on Campo di Fiori.

Try a picnic at the Baths of Caracalla - perfect site !

We just got back from a Med cruise and spent 4 nights in Florence and 3 nights in Rome. As others have said, the price of lunch will depend on where you eat, what you order, etc. In both cities we had great lunches for 5 euros each (take away sandwiches in Florence at All 'Antico Vinaio and take away pizza in Rome at Forno Campo De' Fiori...highly recommend both) and other lunches that cost 25 euros each (at sit down restaurants where we ordered multiple courses).

We just got back from a Med cruise and spent 4 nights in Florence and 3 nights in Rome. As others have said, the price of lunch will depend on where you eat, what you order, etc. In both cities we had great lunches for 5 euros each (take away sandwiches in Florence at All 'Antico Vinaio and take away pizza in Rome at Forno Campo De' Fiori...highly recommend both) and other lunches that cost 25 euros each (at sit down restaurants where we ordered multiple courses).

Thank you! :)

Another tip as well...I love going to nice family style authentic out of the way restaurants that usual can only be found by tour guides. You can find many tours that include the food and wine through the companies web sites. I used italytoursharing.com in rome and the driver took us to this fantastic restaurant. I also used them in naples where a restaurant was also included in the price of the tour. I love food, and thus was definitely highlights of my vacations.

Another tip as well...I love going to nice family style authentic out of the way restaurants that usual can only be found by tour guides. You can find many tours that include the food and wine through the companies web sites. I used italytoursharing.com in rome and the driver took us to this fantastic restaurant. I also used them in naples where a restaurant was also included in the price of the tour. I love food, and thus was definitely highlights of my vacations.

Thank you b_cruise! I will ask our drivers in Rome and Florence.

There is a little out of the way restaurant a few blocks north of the Vatican called Bella Napoli. They serve very traditional mostly Napolitano food, mostly local clientele, and the prices are almost shockingly reasonable. I was taken here a few years ago by my friend Fabrizio from All Around Italy. He lives in Rome and worked there as a student. You will not be disappointed. They are open for lunch and have indoor and outdoor seating. Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor.

There is a little out of the way restaurant a few blocks north of the Vatican called Bella Napoli. They serve very traditional mostly Napolitano food, mostly local clientele, and the prices are almost shockingly reasonable. I was taken here a few years ago by my friend Fabrizio from All Around Italy. He lives in Rome and worked there as a student. You will not be disappointed. They are open for lunch and have indoor and outdoor seating. Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor.

Thank you Carolyn, I will definitely check it out.

We spent around 10euros all up we bought sandwiches and soft drinks from a convenience store close to the Trevi fountain and then sat at the fountain people watching and taking our own photos.

Thank you wotaripper!