Shareholders Benefit - Is this a record?

Corfe Mixture

Hi would you be able to share the email address you use? I faxed my details weeks ago but haven't seen anything in my account yet. Thanks

Hi I used

info@princesscruises.com.au

and got a reply immediately very good service

Just curious why Sydney 24 when you hail from Melbourne?

Edited by windsor26

Unlike the US office where they don't accept e-mail applications, here in the UK, we are actively encouraged to make our shareholder benefit applications by e-mail.

This morning my Broker's Statement arrived around 10.15 and, by 10.45 I had scanned it into my computer and redacted it. FWIW, I scanned it as a bitmap (.bmp file), redacted it using paint - very easy using 'Select' and 'Cut' - and then saved it as an image (.jpg file) .

I truly do not understand why Princess USA does not accept emailed statements. Faxes seem so 1990's.

BTW, your system for redactions is very high tech. I prefer a simpler method. I scan and make a copy of my statement. I use a pair of scissors to make the redactions. I scan and print the redacted copy. Not sexy but works well and probably quicker.

I truly do not understand why Princess USA does not accept emailed statements. Faxes seem so 1990's.

BTW, your system for redactions is very high tech. I prefer a simpler method. I scan and make a copy of my statement. I use a pair of scissors to make the redactions. I scan and print the redacted copy. Not sexy but works well and probably quicker.

Hardly high tech for anyone who has ever used "Cut and Paste" on a text document and, whilst your method may work well for you, there is no way it is quicker.

The "Cut" method obviates the need to create a second hard copy of the original.

Two clicks, one to select the area and the second to hit "Cut" to remove each redacted item from the scanned documents, rather then four cuts with the scissors (or four slices with a blade).

Then three clicks, one to select "Save As", a second to select .jpg from the pull down file type menu, and a third to click Save, rather than having to rescan the redacted document.

The whole process of creating and saving the redacted document, once one has scanned the original document, took less than two minutes.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Hardly high tech for anyone who has ever used "Cut and Paste" on a text document and, whilst your method may work well for you, there is no way it is quicker.

The "Cut" method obviates the need to create a second hard copy of the original.

Two clicks, one to select the area and the second to hit "Cut" to remove each redacted item from the scanned documents, rather then four cuts with the scissors (or four slices with a blade).

Then three clicks, one to select "Save As", a second to select .jpg from the pull down file type menu, and a third to click Save, rather than having to rescan the redacted document.

The whole process of creating and saving the redacted document, once one has scanned the original document, took less than two minutes.

My man, I made my living 'cutting and pasting' text, email, spreadsheet, etc.

Both methods work and are comparable. What I prefer about my method is I know for a fact that the information I've redacted is gone, gone forever. No one is ever going to get it back.

My man, I made my living 'cutting and pasting' text, email, spreadsheet, etc.

Both methods work and are comparable. What I prefer about my method is I know for a fact that the information I've redacted is gone, gone forever. No one is ever going to get it back.

How on earth is anyone going to get anything back from the saved image file?

Seriously, as you are familiar with cur and paste why not try it.

Select bitmap when asked what format you want to scan the document.

Open the scanned document

Click on the Select Tool in the top bar

Move the cursor with the left button pressed to select (paint) the area to be redacted.

Click on the Scissors symbol and the text in the area disappears and the area goes blank.

Repeat for each area to be redacted.

When everything sensitive has been removed, move the cursor to File, go down to Save As and click,

In the file type bar, which appears at the bottom, go to the pull down menu and select .jpeg, .jpg then give the file a title name and click on Save.

The redacted document is then saved as an image file with absolutely no chance of anyone being able to recover the bits you have removed.

Try it, you will be surprised how easy it is.