Fascination in San Juan

HectorAchilleus

We are sailing this ship/itinerary in May. It wouldnt have been my first choice for a ship but I wanted this itinerary so it is what it is. Our first cruise was aboard an older smaller ship with NCL. SO many bad reviews and complaints. I guess our standards are lower or something because we had a fantastic time and thought the ship was beautiful. Hopefully that will be the case with the Fascination too. Im not too worried. Its a vacation, a cruise and in the Caribbean!

The Fascination is a short time fix until they replace her with the Victory (again). The reason for using her is as some have alluded, southern itins are driven much more by the stops and less by the ship (in their opinion).

Since this thread has been brought back up, thought I should add that Carnival has since decided to keep Fascination in San Juan through at least April 2018. Victory will be moving back to Miami instead.

My last two solo southern itineraries were on the Celebrity Summit, Dec 2014 and Dec 2015, and both times the Celebrity fare was less than Carnival's.

As far as The Fascination, I stopped cruising that class of ships 10 years ago because the ships were old and dated back then. I can remember plastic palm trees on one of them.

Shop around, you'll find better ships on other lines and might find better itineraries and fares too.

Edited by evandbob

My last two solo southern itineraries were on the Celebrity Summit, Dec 2014 and Dec 2015, and both times the Celebrity fare was less than Carnival's.

As far as The Fascination, I stopped cruising that class of ships 10 years ago because the ships were old and dated back then. I can remember plastic palm trees on one of them.

Shop around, you'll find better ships on other lines and might find better itineraries and fares too.

Royal has a nice southern itinerary that I chose for my October cruise.