Tour guide recommendation

cannockfrodo

Rick Steves guidebook. We took the #1 Vaporetto grand canal circuit, following Rick's comments on this in his book along the way. I was reading it out loud to my husband and others started to listen in.

Venice is a great place to just wander around. The first time we went we did not go to any churches or museums.

Rick Steves also offers audio guides on his wesite - free. We downloaded a number of them on a previous trip to Italy. They are exceptional! One was a narrated guide of the vaporetto trip, another of Piazza San Marco. They are easily downloaded to your phone, no connection necessary to play. They are user-friendly and you can go at your own pace. Highly recommended.

https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/audio-tours/italy

We will also be finishing our cruise in Venice in May, my wife is downloading Rick's audio tours as I type (Rome, Florence, Venice, Ephesus....) ...thanks for the tip.

Harry

We have already downloaded Rick' s audio tours for our trip next May for Venice, Florence and Rome. Also Athens when we dock there on our Med cruise after boarding in Rome port of Chivitavechia. I also printed off the maps that go along with the tours. We are excited for this trip.