Read, Ask, Participate, Learn

kicker

On our recent Adventure Of The Seas cruise (Oct 3) we had 23 different posters on our Meet & Mingle Thread. Of the numerous posters & family members, 27 signed up for the official M&M; 8 showed up for it (I don’t blame others for not showing – it was a port intensive cruise and the M&M was held 5PM on Day 2, a port day, and a formal night!). Even though I’ve cruised a number of times, I still like to participate in the M&M threads, and I also scan the other boards (Royal, ports, etc.) for info. I learn something new every cruise.

Here’s my point: I posted a review, and I’m one of 4 people who posted a review for our cruise. I am, however, the only one of 4 who participated in the M&M thread. At least one of the reviews had a complaint which would have been addressed if they had read the M&M or other threads relating to the ship. Cruise Critic is a very helpful tool. A lot of complaints that you read in the cruise reviews could have been avoided if the reviewers had read the reviews and comments of others.

I suppose its possible the other 3 reviewers looked at our thread but weren’t the posting type. Regardless, cruisers should just be aware there’s a lot of helpful info on these boards, and reading them before your cruise can help you have a more enjoyable cruise experience.

On our recent Adventure Of The Seas cruise (Oct 3) we had 23 different posters on our Meet & Mingle Thread. Of the numerous posters & family members, 27 signed up for the official M&M; 8 showed up for it (I don’t blame others for not showing – it was a port intensive cruise and the M&M was held 5PM on Day 2, a port day, and a formal night!). Even though I’ve cruised a number of times, I still like to participate in the M&M threads, and I also scan the other boards (Royal, ports, etc.) for info. I learn something new every cruise.

Here’s my point: I posted a review, and I’m one of 4 people who posted a review for our cruise. I am, however, the only one of 4 who participated in the M&M thread. At least one of the reviews had a complaint which would have been addressed if they had read the M&M or other threads relating to the ship. Cruise Critic is a very helpful tool. A lot of complaints that you read in the cruise reviews could have been avoided if the reviewers had read the reviews and comments of others.

I suppose its possible the other 3 reviewers looked at our thread but weren’t the posting type. Regardless, cruisers should just be aware there’s a lot of helpful info on these boards, and reading them before your cruise can help you have a more enjoyable cruise experience.

Perhaps, or perhaps not, you would be amazed how many people don't know about Cruise Critic.

After their cruise, they decide that they want to complain about something, and they do a google search. Cruise CRITIC comes up in the search, and they post their complaints.

;)

I appreciate you posters very much! I don't post as often as I would like (due to schedule). Many tips/comments have made a difference for us, thank you!

Such as---

BOA OBC credits take a couple days (leave Sun, credit Tues noon)

Downy Wrinkle Release

Aft Balconies (2014)

Hump (2016)

2 bottles wine allowed

Promenade lunch options on a Day 1

MDR breakfasts...

Some guy posted a review of their cruise on Cruise Critic and there were a bunch of photos of me, near his wife, apparently. In the lounge, on deck, at a bar....

When I commented that they were photos of me, and that we had never met...I asked if he had been on the roll call thread or attended the Meet & Mingle?

He replied, "Oh no. We don't participate or sign up for those things."

:rolleyes:

What is the phrase? Different floats or something like that. :D

I booked a cruise on NOS in Feb for this Dec. I was on this site 2-3 times a week before we booked reading and asking questions since DW and I are both first time cruisers. Because of the research I did on here we ended up getting one of the coveted corner aft balconies, an almost 50% discount on our pre cruise hotel (staying in the hotel we had already booked), choose our flight time, have decided to do the self disembark, decided not to get drink package because we don't drink enough to make it worth it, and know what shore excursions we will be doing all because of reading posts and asking questions on here. We literately saved about $500 from what we would have spent all because of the people on here who take the time to post reviews and tips and answer questions. I plan on doing a review with cruise compasses and menus and anything else I can scan or take a picture of and this way hopefully help out another round of cruisers.....

After reading the OP concern and the following replies, it made me think of something I deal with every day.

I work in the Health Care industry and the facility I work at does a mandatory phone call follow-up as well as a written survey evaluating our performance.

This is becoming the new trend (mandatory) for reimbursement.

It seems most of the time we only get feed back on the complaints, room too cold, did not like the food, had to wait forever for the discharge.

Occasionally we got positive reviews.

Our facility is very modern, and is the busiest of the 6 in our community, and made the top ten national list in last years survey in 5 specialties.

I do not know if this can be associated with the evaluations of cruises, but too me it seems people share what they do not like and forget some of the great things that happened and kind workers.

Just my thoughts